Monday, December 20, 2021

Hi, Sweetie

Mural found on the way home from Siemens on Altewiekring, Braunschweig.

Isn´t it bitter-sweet?
The man keeps a distance, so I reckon he sadly is not the Granpa.


I hope the couple talked to him. 
And the baby gave a laugh or giggle or what people that age do ;-)

Mural again...


He does the cutest, too.

Isn´t it sad, how, at least in Germany, family-life has changed?
Just look here, we were in Tuscany and Nonno Duilio served us all, wine and more wine and he was so happy.
I´m no wine-drinker but could not say no to his happy face (I don´t speak Italian, he not English, nor German).

I see so many lonely Elderlies here, it breaks my heart and this mural just says it all.
No matter what age, this can happen in a sec to each an every one of us us or already has.

 
Henry 🦁 

Yes, Papa.
 


 

16 comments:

Bertiebo said...

It really is a beautiful mural. Elaboration and idea: fantastic. Nothing to add

Iris Flavia said...

Yes (nothing more to add ;-)...)

Nancy Chan said...

The mural message is very clear. As we age, it can get very lonely. Have a wonderful new week.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, I sure do fear this. But for now: To a great week!

Bertiebo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sami said...

What a beautiful mural Iris. Sadly more and more older people suffer from loneliness. Families are no longer what they used to be.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, it´s scary, dear host!

Tom said...

...as sweet as can be.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It's a great mural, that is true to life in so many ways.

William Kendall said...

That is a good mural.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the mural. The old man is smiling, so I think he's fine with how things are :) He's enjoying the sight of the young family and perhaps enjoying memories of his own younger days.

Bill said...

A nice mural. There are some groups over here that will visit elderly people and spend some time with them. It gives them some companionship and also someone to talk and share stories with. Listening is a gift and you can share that gift.

RedPat said...

It looks like they are as far from him as possible. So sad.

River said...

It is a nice mural. Here where I live are many elderly neighbours and none seem to socialise much because we all stay home because of the covid. There is one old man who talks to everyone he meets walking to and from the local shop, they can chat for hours the old men, but I rarely see any of the older women going to and from the shop. Maybe they go by car or get groceries delivered. I clicked the link and read about your visit to Tuscany, it's a beautiful area and I have two novels written by Frances Mayes about the area. One is called "Under the Tuscan Sun" (there is a movie about it too) and the other book is Bella Tuscany, but there is no movie about that one.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm running late because I was having problems leaving comments on Sunday. I finally gave up and called it a day. Nice mural, but te body language says the man is being protective of his family and the older man would love to be included in the conversation.

Jeanie said...

I like the mural! That was a good find.