Thursday, May 29, 2025

Shag Carpeting

 
With this stool I saved and that holds our landline-phone I join Rain´s Thursday Art and Dinner Date with Shag Carpeting - isn´t it plain wonderful?
No energy for sketching atm... also... I love this thing!!!!

For the dinner-part.... Ingo got Foccacia-bread
 
 
 
 
 

Or stink away with yummy Limburger Cheese!


 
The series:
 
"Life in the slums of New York in the early 1900s

 The definition
In 1867, the New York State Legislature defined a tenement house as 'any building ... 
rented as a dwelling for more than three families, living independently of each other and 
cooking their own meals on the premises.' "
Things improve....
Henry 🦁 

 

25 comments:

Tom said...

...Iris, I hope that all of your studying pays off with big rewards. Friday will be here in a flash.

Jeanie said...

Foccacia bread sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

Love the stool and the food looks yummy! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Tom, and I´ll have to keep working tomorrow, too...

Iris Flavia said...

And it is!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, imagine his Grandma´d thrown it out!!!!!

RedPat said...

I love shag carpeting too. We have a small one (6' x4') in front of our couch.

My name is Erika. said...

I had some story as a kid all about cheese and how everyone used to hold their noses and go OOOO when it came to the lindberger. I've never tried it, and I'm curious. And shag carpeting. When we bought our house it had a lot of it-pink and white, brown and green, brown and orange-yuk!!!!! Hope your studying is going well. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhh, pic, please? That sounds so comphy!

Iris Flavia said...

The cheese smells real bad - don´t touch it with your hands! But i tastes sooo good!
In the 70´s the toilet design was covered in that carpet style, very cool!
Thank you, Erika, today was "bearable"... hugs. Will be done tomorrow and ready to re-start on Monday. I hope...

Bill said...

The foccacia bread sounds yummy.

Cloudia said...

What a fun post! Thank you so much friend! Aloha!

Granny Sue said...

Ummmm, no limberger for me! But foccacia sounds good.
Shag carpet, really? I had no idea it was still around.pretty cute stool though.

DVArtist said...

Ohhhh shag. I'm so glad that style is over with. LOL Hmmmm on the foccacia

CJ Kennedy said...

Our first apartment when we were first married had an avocado green shag carpet. Mmm, focaccia bread. I'll skip the cheese.

River said...

I remember Teewurst, dad would buy it along with liverwurst which I hated , but I liked the teewurst on cracker biscuits or on toast. Foccacia wasn't around when I was little, but sometimes now I make my own small ones.

Bertiebo said...

Oh yes, things improved! Sometimes!

Iris Flavia said...

And it sure is!

Iris Flavia said...

Aloha to you! :-)

Iris Flavia said...

The cheese is really yummy, and yes, some people saved originals from the 70´s - I am one of them, I have several 70´s stuff - best times...carefree, colorful... the clothes, so cool!

Iris Flavia said...

I LOVE the 70´s style! ;-)

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhhh cool! Do you have pics? The cheese really is yummy - just do not touch.

Iris Flavia said...

You speak of being still in Germany? Surprisingly I like liverwurst and saw it 1995 at Woolies somewhere in your country! Can´t remember where that was and didn´t buy it cause... in an Esky.... too dangerous!
I so wait for Jamie´s Air-Fryier book, maybe Foccacia is in there, too - our oven takes forever to heat up.... Can you share the recipe?

Iris Flavia said...

Here they go down the drain somehow...

MELODY JACOB said...

That sounds like a wonderfully indulgent and comforting dinner, especially after a long week. The history series is always so poignant too.