With this way too hot drink (mix with water!!!) I join Elizabeth´s T.
The journal:
Got a book on Friday, "Double Germany - 1949-1990" - fK - as mT - are from former GDR.
fK: "Why is the banana crooked? Because it always bent around the GDR".
(They really had a lack of so many things!)
So close, so far apart... still!
40 years and I had 3 teamleaders from there, all T´s, all supernice. Very interesting subject to me, hence.
Study: STUPID!!! How to communicate. I nearly bit the table.
I grew up in a shop, I know how to do that, fK: "not everybody did, be patient".
Tuesday: Study DONE, no real test (on what even?!). Next start 5th of May.
Wednesday: mM retired at ESE with a mini-party. Asked fK to say hi from me, the project with him was fun and we often spoke privately, too. He was very happy, also greetings from fE (past and hopefully future? teamlead) and fC (past teamlead) 🥰
PRESSURE. I MUST get the certificate to come back!!!!
What if I fail. I am so darn scared.
Saw my first 2025 bee!!!! She checked EVERY Strawberry-blossom!!! Cam sadly inside.
Funniest fight!!! BABABA... back and forth from one balcony to the other!!!
" ... you need something from the bakery, I go anyways." Fight over.
Love my neighborhood!Thursday:
Got a beautiful pic from fK:
fK: "Slept in. Not like before, when we as students had to march on May 1st with a red carnation in our hand to honor our working class in the GDR.
We gathered at school for morning roll call and then, dressed in Pioneer or FDJ blouses, went to the assembly point. Then, all the classes in the city and their teachers walked through the city center. Afterwards, we had something from the goulash cannon." A different Germany.
It wasn't in January, but we all had to go to the town square with all the schools once (just once) and say, "I'm sorry for what I did to the Jewish people in the Holocaust." I was 14. I only moved my lips. My father´s family hid Jewish people, and my parents were children. My mother fled "from the Russians"... The same thing happened to me in Perth in 2017 with Holcaust. I SO told the dude off! (Ingo has a very German accent).
Do you get caught by history like that, also? .
Friday: Quiet, a public, lazy holiday with horse-sausages. Ingo, after a mini-fight really managed to sneak out behind my back to grill them on the BBQ! 2 meters behind me and I heard not a thing!!! They were yummy!
Weekend: Saturday: We went to tedox, s.l.o.w.l.y ... Ingo can do that!!! I need to get fit again. All the stupid-sit-lying did no good.
And he cooked so darn good, I ate way too much!!!
Sunday: If you are interested. My childhood-heroes from Löwnzahn, formerly Pusteblume: Peter Lustig and Die Maus (in my year of birth, too! They were prepared to teach me soon) and only in the latter: Armin Maiwald and Christoph, who ALWAYS wears a green pullover.
I watch both every Sunday still. wiki: "Many of the show's early viewers are now adults".
Docu: A woman making fun of German habits. Here since three years. Speaks no German.
But making fun of "us", lady, go home, I thought.
Munchy. It is very cold here. I try (!) to get and see the good...
The series:
"Typical habits of the 60s that would be unimaginable today
Telephones
In the early 1960s, rotary dial telephones became increasingly unpopular, while touch-tone telephones became increasingly popular."
I called my then-boyfriend, where I mostly lived. A woman picked up.
I said, "Sorry, got the wrong number..."
Called again and took big care of the numbers. Her again.
Did she use my toothbrush, too? I left him.
You could not "store" a number.
Now you can.
Ingo called my Brother twice.
Did he call back?
He knows Ingo is sick per se, but my Brother just does not care, not even about me.
Aw, well.













28 comments:
I always love your colorful calendar. That's a lovely carnation, too. Yay. You saw a bee. They are alive and well where you live. Glad you didn't have a test. That is always a relief. Your sesame ice cream looks good. Now I want ice cream.
I know people to this day who still don't believe the Holocaust actually existed.
I had a single touch-tone telephone. And now I have five landline phones, but no cell phone. How things have changed.
I LOVE your "bee happy" cup. Sounds like that ginger, apple, lemon shot was strong. Thanks for sharing your calendar and your drink with us for T this Tuesday, dear Iris.
Thank you, dear host! Yes, to picture all the pupils with the flowers! Not everything was bad in GDR!
How can people...???? Of course Holocaust sadly existed, you can visit the places still!
We have one old landline-phone, two cheap dumb-phones that cannot go online and I have a smartphone from 2019 that runs only on WiFi.
And I live!!!! 🤣
That cup is from Madeley/Perth 🐝🥰
Just two metres behind and you did not hear or smell the barbecuing sausages? At least you got to eat them. I think apologising for the holocaust is the same as us apologising for the atrocities done to the aboriginals here all the hundreds of years ago. WE shouldn't have to say "I" apologise, maybe instead "we" acknowledge the wrongs done in the past and try to do better now.
We didn't have a phone in our home until 1976, just a few months before "no-one" was born and she is child #3!
Perhaps that strong drink is a "cordial" and suposed to be mixed with water?
I hear near to nothing on my left ear, so... and he closed the door so there was nothing to smell, either. Yes, "acknowledge" is the correct word! Or say sorry what had happened in the past... No phone so long? What if an emergency had happened?
Usually then there is a hint on the bottle, there was none! Glad I can think myself and added water 😊
It's Sad that after all these years there is still repercussions from the second world war. Most of the fighters from then are no longer alive. But history hurts I guess, and I know there are still problems like stolen art. I like the part of about your friend who had to rise early on May Day and March with reed carnations. Times change. Now my country is the one everyone hates because our president and his tariffs. They are so stupid. The only people who will make money from it are the already rich people. Have a great rest of your T day Iris. hugs-Erika
OH and its not a waste of honey in my hives either. The new bees will eat it and I don't have to make them any food until the flowers really get blooming.
...as a boy, our first phone was a "party line" when several people sharing the line.
Some years ago every Sunday you turned on the telly: That Austrian man (Hi#ler). Never forget, never repeat but do no not make "us" still say sorry. De facto it´s the Muslims now who go against Jewish people here in Germany.
People do not hate America. We just wonder what this man will come up next with. Yes, the tarriffs hurt. We should be one world, but that will never happen, I guess... And yes, all the promises like groceries will get cheaper... war in Ukraine over in 24 hours... We actually feel sorry for America´s people, hugs on that!
Ohhhh, that is good news!!!
When I was in Hanover hospital there was a room with phones to use! Hahaha, we are old! But at least we had the technology at all!
Another full week and a good one. Please don't say "What if I fail." Reframe it to something positive -- "How can I best succeed." You're doing all the right things and passing all along. You will succeed. Very interesting about the Holocaust. I can see why you'd move your lips knowing your family helped to save Jewish people by hiding them.
Thank you, Jeanie!!! I will try to see it from the positive side!
Also I only moved my lips because, really.... I have nothing done to Jewish people. We shall never forget and never repeat but also not force generation after generation to say sorry.
We have an old rotary phone from my parents house but it isn't hooked in to work. Do have a landline though and a iphone that I just use as a phone.
Nice drink. Bees are back, yay! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
Ginger shots! Yum! I love ginger, but it can be a bit nippy, i think you're supposed to slug it not sip it. We also had a party line dur to lack of telephone lines, and sometimes the neighbours would pick up the phone at the same time as we were on it. Times have changed! Happy T Day Iris
I have an orange one from the 70´s :-) As deco.
Yay esp for the bee(s)!
I stretched the drink over a few days! Funny with the neighbours! Happy T-Day
Fun little drawings
My fun, little life ;-)
You always have such great posts. I love are arty calendar too. But mostly all I want is that ice cream cone.
We see lots of people eating ice cream outside these days. It's been very sunny here lately and everyone is loving it. :)
Thank you and yes, it was really yummy!
We have sadly really cold weather still... 5C right now.
Balcony time and the bee. I hope you get lots of strawberries. As always fun drawings in your journal. I'm sure you'll pass your certificate with flying colors. No worries. Happy T Day
Thank you, without the journal I´d loose my time and mind. I might take a huge, scary turn with the certificate, yuck!!!
Post a Comment