This is from the dino-exhibit.
And of course for ...
Eileen - so, here goes:
I had a week with my studies I feel the very same!
Wish someone´d care for me for a while...
Most in this study are young, my age... dinosaur. it is exhausting, stressy and full of fear.
My younger doc said he can concentrate on new stuff for 30 minutes. I have 8 hour-days plus tests!
This exhibit was made with a lot of love and creativity, more to come!
As so often, fellow bloggers give me a "snap". This time dear Amy - on taking loads of pics.
This exhibit: 122 pics taken in ...say... 2 hours..
1995, 6 months traveling Australia, all around and inside, too: 530 pics on real film.
1999, 7 months: 413, mostly Western Australia, Northern Territory and Outback. Most pics are but in my head, my brain.
Perth 2024 on digital: 2537 pics. One city, and well, Adelaide and the way back to Perth, but mainly Perth. in 6 weeks....
Imagine.... 6 and 7 months with digital... I could throw a tantrum! What treasures I´d have!
The series:
"Typical habits of the 60s that would be unimaginable today
In the early 1960s, comics were still very popular (as they had been in the 1950s), although their popularity declined in the later years of the decade."
I have the whole Calvin and Hobbes-series here!
Do you read comics, too? If so, which ones?
Henry 🦁









28 comments:
You don't strike me as a dinosaur, Iris!
My doc is younger and said he can concentrate 30 minutes on new stuff, then needs a break. I have 8-hour-days with this, plus tests. And I feel the age... when young it was much easier!
...wre things easier back then or is our memory playing tricks on us?
I think our brain slows down?
Hello Iris,
I love the dino exhibit and the Henry with cub photo.
I do not think my brain could study for a test now.
I used to read the comic section of the Sunday newspaper.
Now we do not have newspapers delivered.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a wonderful weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
I wish I still had some of those 60's comics. I might be able to make some money if I did. And do you take breaks in your studying? Even high school kids couldn't go the full 90 minutes of a class. They needed to switch things up a bit. Is the material really dry? That can't help either. Enjoy your weekend and I hope you don't have to study. hugs-Erika
Dinosaurs — not just for 4-year-olds!
One of your best Henrys. I wish I had some of my old comics. They always surprise me that they went so high in value. I hope you have a great weekend with no studying and just fun!
MAD Magazine My Dear , Loads Of MAD Magazines - YahoooOOOO - And Love C&Hobbs For Sure
Big Hugs ,
Cheers
Henry showing who is the boss!
Love Henry today.
I read comics as a kid but now I only read them in Saturday's newspaper which I still get.
Hello Iris :)
I feel for you, I really do. I don't think I could do a test these days. Please take time to rest. Fun Exhibit and I love the photo of Mini Henry being picked up by his Dad. I used to buy the Dandy and Beano every week when I was a young girl but how times have changed.
Yes, it was a fun exhibit. We don´t get a newspaper anymore, either... sad.
Yes, I think they made a lot of money, the comics! Yes, I take breaks like in school, but it is tough! The problem is, I did it all in real life already and this is theory thought up by people who have no clue of reality. When the customer sist in your back and say I this this NOW... It´s but fancy theory... Low weekend, hope yours is better, hugs
I´m an old 4-year-old :-)
I am old, it´s more a sleepy weekend...!
Mad Magazine was not known here!!! I only know it from The Simpsons! To you big hugs and cheers!
He´s the Papa!
Henry takes his papa-role serious :-) We don´t get any newspapers no more...
I haven't read a comic for ages. But I do like graphic novels. I should grow up.
I stopped reading comics when the newspapers started to decline.
Calvin and Hobbies was my oldest son's favorite! He still loves it.
We read the Archie comics, a few others, like Superman.
I understand how you feel about being older in class. When I went to college I was 36 and in there with all the 18 year olds! I was so intimidated. But in the end, I did much better than all of them, ending with a gpa of 3.99. So hang in there, your experience will stand you in good stead.
Thank you, studying is real hard at my age! I wonder how Daddy with his mighty, sharp teeth manages this!!!
NEVER grow up!!!
Yes, since about a year we´re missing that, too! Sad, kinda...
Archie I do not know. Oh, 36 is still young. I am 53!!! And I´m (thankfully) at home, having to force myself...
Loved the tantrum pics. Distractions are plenty, it's a wonder anyone gets any studying done at all! 😄 Calvin and Hobbes is a classic!
I used to read the comics in the newspaper, sadly now no newspapers have comic pages anymore. I bought the whole set of Calvin and Hobbes for my youngest who was born maybe the same year as Calvin and Hobbes, or close to it. I have only one comic book here now, a "special edition" called "Remembering Farley" from the Better or Worse comics, Farley was the family dog and died after saving the youngest child when she fell in the river.
Post a Comment