...or Take The Batteries (1999)
Sign in front of our beloved car says "MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERSOME - The car chase scene was filmed here in 1984 in 43C temperatures. The film starred Mel Gibson & Tina Turner.Filming also took place at The Breakaways and at the railway 40 km west."
Geez, I made it home safely! Yesterday when I was getting out of the door, it was raining. The rain fell on the frozen ground and froze as well. In town it did not, but right outside I was driving on ice for many parts. Geez. I really was afraid! Nothing much happened, hence I go back to the subject at hand, right? Another story I remember... From the Moon Desert we came to see the Painted Desert:
The guys from the Oodnadatta or Pink Roadhouse put up all those signs! And here (you have to scroll down a bit) is the story about that and it also leads me to this one, explaining shortly why we never ever made it to Chambers Pillar after all... Yeah, lazy me, huh? Selling a "new Series" like that! ;-)


3 comments:
Some of Australia's landscape with the red earth, and barren land can also be very strange.
I do remember the film, not my type but I watched it and remember hearing then that it was filmed in Australia.
That Pink Roadhouse is something, someone loves pink for sure!
Oh dearest Iris! This is such a beautiful place! But the way you recounted your story driving on ice got me really scared too at the same time! Australia really is a planet of its own! With its own set of species and now these amazing landscapes! Thank you so so much dear Iris for sharing this with us on Timeless Thursdays!
Dear Stevenson, this was the journey of my life! 7 months cruising this country in a 4WD car, - it was car, bedroom, sometimes dining place, the best time of my life!
Post a Comment