Thursday, February 21, 2019
Lush!! A Lille Paradise
Warning! This much delayed post comes with heaps of exclamation marks (for a reason).
Last Sat (yes, I am late!) Grace and P picked us up (thank you!) and we really managed to find Sami for lunch.
(No lemonade but beer was served :-) !)
Yes, against all odds and only because I helped (irony... or ,no, exaggeration! I did help) we found Sami with Ingo's funny hiking-navi - really!!! He drove me nuts! Walking and driving is not the same and P had to accept a "doesn't matter" to his question "left or right?"! (or !!!!)
"It doesn't matter", really?!!!!
We had a very yummy and entertaining lunch and I was surprised how often I could throw in, "yep, see The Simpsons on that" (BSE, Trump, oh, hell, some more (and I had the feeling everybody was just too polite to say "stop it now!" - but then I'm a huge fan of Queen, so you can't "stop me now" ;-)
And now if you wonder about all those exclamation marks... this is not a nursery, this...
... all this grows in Sami's garden!!! I kid you not!
We were even invited to help ourselves (or, in my black thumb case was helped)!
Not too sweet but yummy, yummy, yummy!!!
Thank you all!
Labels:
Australian Journey,
friends,
fun,
Perth,
the two of us,
yummy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







16 comments:
Beautiful photos of fruit. Surprised that the lemons are lime-colored. I guess they're not ripe?
Not ripe yet, no, but soon, I bet!
You asked why everything was closed on our snow day. In Maryland, we don't often have a heavy snow, so the local governments don't have enough snowplows to clear all the streets in time for commuters to get to work and school buses to pick up the children. When there's only an inch or two of snow in the morning, schools and offices might open two hours late. The worst is freezing rain, which we might have early tomorrow. Sometimes snow is predicted and an announcement is made on TV: "No school tomorrow." And then the snow fails to arrive. Kids don't mind, but the parents complain.
Wow, this is truly... funny!
I remember ... was it 1977 or 1978 (this is a very extreme example).
The snow was real high, we wore socks over our shoes cause there was ice, too. But life went on.
Don't you have summer- and winter-tyres for your cars?
Schools are closed then even if no snow after announcement? Wow.
Sami has lovely tropical fruits in her garden. Papaya and mangos would not grow in my gardens.
Thanks for the mention Iris :)
It was lovely having you and Grace over. Glad you enjoyed the figs, should have given you grapes too, otherwise the birds eat them all.
Joan, yes, amazing, no!
Sami, how could I not! You also had such yummy food!
Wow would love to visit Sami in her garden!
Hop on a plane :-)
The figs were delicious Iris, I had thought about making a small pot of fig jam, but just ate them instead 😀
I've never had figs, actually.
This looks so beautiful -- I bet it smelled great, too! And mangoes, fruit, beer! Best of all, you got to meet Sami! It just sounds like the most wonderful day!
Haha, Grace!!!! :-) You made me grin big with this!
William, ow, you should. Is wonderful with bacon, too!
Jeanie, yes, it was beautiful! Fun and yummy!
Such nice tropical fruits :)
All the best Jan
I would like to grow papayas and mangos. I am going to plant a fig tree this year, yum. When we lived on a small Caribbean island the house we rented had papaya and mango growing in the garden and a fruit they called sopsow.
Jan, absolutely yes!
Terra good luck then with the fig tree! My avocado-olant sadly will never grow fruit ion Germany...
Post a Comment