Found this gem on the way to Ingo´s bakery on Monday.
Sadly I only saw at home this pic went down the drain - and then it was pitch dark outside (and way too cold to go out if not forced!) - the "speedometer" is ducks!
If I find the car again - after all it´s from Braunschweig - I´ll try to take a proper pic.
What´s up next? In no time at all? Yes... a...
A woman saw me taking pics and stopped, admiring the car, too.
Likely otherwise she would just´ve rushed by!
Addendum: When you see such a car in green color: Immediately pinch someone and make a wish!
I have another great sign, one of happiness as in happy mail!
River sent me yeast!
It was some ordeal as the German post messes up big and sent it aaaaall the way back to Adelaide. River was so nice to try again - see... originally she sent it August 24th!!!
Note: please, those of you who have Packstation as my address - delete it! That service really went down the drain!!! I do not join no more.
But now! I need a holiday and then... baking time!
And the stamps!!! I kinda got Hubby three times!
See. Most non-Germans have difficulties to pronounce Ingo´s name.
"Iris" is known at least by "Iris-scan" or that railway-certificate etc and hence they try "AiiiiiNGO
Ingo came up with the Aussie-"dog":
(Boy, this was expensive!!! A letter AUD$ 10+?!!! Crazy!!!)
Say Dingo and then just without the "D" ... et voilà, Ingo, Bingo, well done.
Thank you so much, River! A double surprise!
Reminds me of Fraser Island in 1995. Signs all over...
There were signs to NOT leave anything outside your tent at night, the Dingos will come and play.
COVID no one thought of, but a young couple left a 10-pack of toilet paper outside - go figure, LOL!
Also funny.
Can you say "Pflichtenheft"?
Our Spanish colleague tries once a week. Nada. It becomes a running gag, cause he HAS to say it. Poor dude that - we all, him included, take it with humor. Pflicht, btw means duty.
The French one can, well the "h" is silent of course, but you understand.
Henry 🦁
Baby Henry, you do know I will make bread or such from this, huh?
OK, I can put salami on it. And you have to grow teeth first, too.
This is for Tom´s Signs2, of course.
Addendum: Started my work PC and found another sad-good sign:














16 comments:
Interesting car. I like the dreamy bear. Love froggy Christmas, it is so cute.
I am so glad the yeast finally arrived! The Dingo stamps were pure coincidence. I hope your bread making trials are successful. I made a pretty good foccacia with left-over pizza base dough that I found in the freezer. But my bread making, well, I haven't tried for a while now.
I love that little car with all the animal stickers :)
Nancy, yes, if you ever see such a car in green: pinch someone and make a wish!
I should´ve added that, will do!
____
River, thank you, I will try come time, luckily the sachets last a while... got up at 05:00 and only now - 09:28 - have time for brekkie!
Great stamp-coincidence :-)
Here our postie always has the most boring ones...
That's a fun car, and the owner certainly has a good sense of humor. Happy Wednesday Iris. hugs-Erika
...Iris, that's an amazing car! Never give up 💙💛!
What a fun car. The speedometer is hilarious though when I saw Ente, I was think Kalte Ente 🥂Wonderful Happy Mail and cool stamp. I think I can say Pflichtenheft like flishten-heft. How did I do? Have a good day.
Such a cute car!
An odd looking car.
That's a great car, so cool, so sleek! Send it over to Hawaii.
That is an amazing car.
Once in a while I will see one of those cars here but not with a great duck speedometer like that one.
oh that is a cute car, very much 1960s
What a great car. The dingoes sound downright dangerous!
I love the frog!
Erika, yes, I hope I find the car again, hugs
____
Tom, we will never give up, I hope!
____
CJ, kalte Ente? Can you explain?
LOL, You did a bit better with the Pflichtenheft as our Spanish colleague! A bit.
I fail to come up with a word you use that reflects "ch".
I´ll ask Ingo!
____
magiceye, yes :-)
____
William, they were very popular back in the day.
____
gigi, you hardly find them these days, but a "Ente" in Hawayii would be fun!
____
Bill, yes, cute, huh.
____
RedPat, I could bite my butt the pic is so crap!
____
Amy, yes, loooong ago!
____
Divers and Sundry, hmmm, dunno, I think they rather run away from people. But they love to play :-)
____
Happy Whisk: Merry Christmas, it´s just around the corner (oh, time runs!)
Kalte Ente was really Kalte Ende and was the last of wine from a bottle mixed with champagne. Someone misunderstood Ende for Ente so it became known as Kalte Ente. And I thought it was German!
Post a Comment