Let me start with a bummer.
Astronaut and musician Chris Hadfield took this pic of Berlin from the ISS ten years ago - no idea if it looks different today, I´m no astronaut and I know none to ask for a pic of today.
Does this count as arty landscape? In that case I join Rain today.
If you disagree, how about this then:
The wall fell 1989 and 2013 you could - and still can - "see" where you are.
We had an International mini-workshop at DB (Deutsche Bahn, where ESE is a daughter of). I happily joined.
We were 6... Germans. We went through the exchange anyways and two came from Berlin.
One sees retirement soon and grew up in GDR/DDR, the other just started his business-career and claimed: You "see" when you enter East-Berlin - the light is much warmer.
Head of the meeting - whilst we discussed - looked it up and yes.
As you can see: West Germany has "cold", eco-friendly LED-street-lamps, East-Berlin has warmer shining gas still. > No need to scroll up, here goes again in small, see:
Isn´t this plain CRAZY???
More to come... For now enjoy this....
Food-wise, as it´s art and dinner ...
It was winter, say 1997, and I was hungry. Flat-sharing with three others and this was all I found - really the weather was too icky to go outside.
3 minute-noodles from day before, dry.
Whilst you fry them cut olives with paprika-paste, add. Cut mozzarella, spice up with dried oregano and thyme. Add till all is one mass - enjoy.
Henry 🦁
I had three Teamleaders from East Germany, with one I am in daily contact still.
And now I think a colleague from "over there" became a female friend!
Just yesterday I made Jägerschnitzel à la DDR.
Don´t... will show next time.






19 comments:
That's quite special, about that light. In any case, the photo is special
Yes, crazy, isn´t it.
If it wasn´t for environment I´d say the East rocks.
...I love the surf shop on this dull day.
It takes a real long time to merge culturally, socially.
Tom, yes, so dull here, too!
____
magiceye, yes, "sadly"...
Good landscape you found and fun noodles.
Very cool surf shop but no surfing here today. Too windy and wet plus it's getting colder.
Christine, thank you and the noodles are really good, must make them again!
____
Bill, yes, cold and very windy here, too!
This is definately a landscape art photo. Isn't it amazing. Love the noodles. Have a very nice day today, Iris.
I always wanted to learn to surf but never did and won't now.
I'm surprised that the lights haven't been changed yet.
Nicole, thank you and to a nice day!
____
RedPat at age 13 or such in a holiday I tried to learn to surf. They gave me an adult board and that was that...
There are still some relicts of GDR in railway these days still!
Very cool photo or warm depending where you’re from 😉 Hmmm, your student dish reminds me of Ramen noodles, a favorite of my girlies
The light in question is remarkable in its own right.
You are welcome to read my most recent post.
ISS view of Berlin is definitely arty landscape! I like it and your Surf Shop too.
I like warm lighting, it looks friendly and cosy, but for cooking and computer and book reading I like to be as bright as a search light, which isn't possible but I try to have the brightest lights in kitchen and living room so I can see without getting a bad headache.
I think GDR is German Democratic Republic but was is DDR?
JC, yes, quite some space-pic!
To noodles!😃
____
Melody, yes, glad someone told me of it!
____
River, yes, wish we had brighter light here, too!
I have one daylight lamp I use for sketching.
DDR stands for Deutsche Demokratische Republik :-)
Very unique and interesting landscapes of East and West Germany. Is there a big difference culturally, or just in a picture from space? Your surf shop looks like a fun place too ... that could be anywhere and it would always look welcoming. Love the "Space Oddity music ... I so admire our astronauts and anything that has to do with them ... so needless to say I enjoyed the music.
Noodles are always a go to dish when you are hungry and don't have anything planned for a meal. I could eat noodles any time of day ... not sure about green olives in them though. That seems like a stretch :) Little Henry and Brother look great together ... Brothers indeed! Be well, Iris ...
Andrea @ From the Sol
I've got a book by Hadfield of his time in space.
OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE his version of Space Oddity!!! ♥
Post a Comment