Thursday, June 13, 2024

Ride To Yum!


Today I join Rain´s art and Dinner-party with the theme Bicycle - quite fitting as I needed kitchen paper for my dinner lunch à la River, see here!

So here goes... The German start...


Not a toaster, dummie!!! A PAN you need! And butter, and cheese... apart from the white bread, of course!



OK, the ham has to go and as compromise I took but 1 slice of white bread, buttered, two spatulas at hand, too. One of them smiles with the cheese...



I lost faith in my abilities with the spatulas and grabbed a thong instead...
Not the most clever choice, either... BUT!!!!
 

Good idea with the kitchen paper!


I am not the most patient person in the world and it was SIZZLING, too!

 Henry 🦁
 

 Very tiny.. I made but one!

Thank you, River, I do not regret to have given away the stupid, space-consuming sandwich maker ages ago!
A pan is all you need!
Well, that, and friends who tell you how to cook, of course!!!!
 
Sad side note: The "fan-mile" for that soccer-"thingy" in Berlin is 2 km, they just announced in the news on TV. Am not surprised.
(1 mile = 1.6 km)
I am the happiest Ingo likes soccer as much as I do - not at all.

Either way: To cheese toasties!!!!
 





18 comments:

River said...

It looks yum and the ham can stay if you want, When I use ham I place it between two slices of cheese so the melting cheese holds it in place. When you let it brown more, the cheese melts more.
I don't like soccer either. My dad used to play and I didn't like seeing the men bouncing the ball off their heads.

Iris Flavia said...

Good idea, next time I put the ham inbetween! And will wait a wee bit longer, too!
Soccer is.... The Simpsons just put it right, too.
My Dad danced. Sad he didn´t give me those genes!

My name is Erika. said...

I learned that name cheese toastie when I visited Ireland. I love that name. We call them grill cheese here. And it's a favorite. :) Nice bike drawing too. Hope its a great Thursday! hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Ah, THAT is grilled cheese!!! We call Halloumi grilled cheese. The world is a fun and strange, confusing place!
To a great Thursday, hugs!

RedPat said...

I let my grilled cheese get really dark and I crush it with the spatula while it cooks. Love them.

Christine said...

Yummy sandwich and love your bicycle

magiceye said...

Loved the 1st sketch!

Iris Flavia said...

RedPat, next time I wait longer!

____

Christine, yes, yum and... thank you :-)

____

magiceye, thank you, off we drive!

Gillena Cox said...

cute bicycle art 😊

much♡love

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you :-)

Granny Sue said...

Grilled cheese, oh yes! We had it yesterday too. So delicious, especially with tomato soup.

Iris Flavia said...

Sounds yum, too, and we sure have soup-weather, it is cold!

Jeanie said...

Your bicycle painting is just fabulous. I love the angle and colors. And you cannot beat a cheese toastie!

Bill said...

Grilled cheese with onions and tomatoes is my favourite and also with a bowl of soup.

Iris Flavia said...

Jeanie, thank you, that bike was very difficult to capture and took a lot of an un-patient person like me!
Yum to cheese!

____

Bill, I sure might add soup tomorrow - it is cold!!!

Amypie71 said...

yum! Last night I made one by spreading butter then garlic on first then adding cheese and onions.

Iris Flavia said...

I know garlic is healthy, but we had neighbors who really overdid it and now I cannot stand the smell no more. Just butter here...

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Your little sandwich making was quite a production ... looks good, guessing that it tastes good and I'm not surprised Henry Jr. wants a bite. As for Queen ... I have been a Queen fan for years and, believe it or not, I actually forgot about the song "Bicycle". Sure enjoyed it and you are a hoot, Iris. Enjoy the summer (morning and evening when it isn't too hot).

Andrea @ from the Sol