If I was rich and Ingo healthy...
And this is true, too:
On bitumen roads they make room for ya!!
Our bus driver in Tuscany sometimes even went to the side so peeps could overtake...
What would you do... hop in and off to freedom, to the wide, dusty, red land?
Sleep in the car, take a solar-shower wherever you are - sit on folding chairs and watch... yes watch the bright night sky?
No light-pollution, the Southern Cross... bliss!
This is "the other being rich"...
One sad thing that happened to me:
Dongara. Neighbourhood-watch in the middle of the night saved us, knocking on our car-window asking us to follow them, flood was rushing in!!
Next morno a huge road-train stood Right.Beside.Us!!!!!
The driver was out of his mind, losing so much money being stuck.
Why. Just why didn´t I take all my courage, offer an EMU (cold beer) and maaaaybe he´d showed me his truck and maybe he´d let me drive a few metres....
Do you have such missed opportunities, too?
A once-in-a-lifetime-miss?
If so: Next time: Grab the crab!!


3 comments:
I don't think I completely understand the story. But I do get that you really wanted to drive that truck. Yeah, that I do get.
He might have appreciated the beer, but I don't think he would have let you drive his rig, even for five minutes, the trucks and cargo are worth too much to risk an accident from someone trying to drive for the first time.
I think I would prefer to stick with greener parts by the coast, beaches instead of red dust.
Dear friend Iris, Henry is acting as overseer very well.
Much love and hugs 🫂 🤗 ❤️
Post a Comment