Thursday, April 17, 2025

Bubbles - Never Too old For...

 
Today I join Rain´s Thursday Art and Dinner Date with Bubbles.
Weather is not really summerly but I am on holiday! (at home).

And for the dinner-part:


(@ Elizabeth.... does it count as art? It´s recycled... Ingo´d thrown it in the bin. Also... the egg-yolk looks a bit like a heart?).
 
The series:
"Are these the worst decisions in history?
 

 Triggering an Environmental Disaster
 
On the brink of defeat, a vengeful Saddam Hussein ordered retreating Iraqi troops to set fire to over 600 Kuwaiti oil fields in the final days of the Persian Gulf War in 1991. Hussein's decision was nothing less than a wanton act of environmental vandalism, ultimately spewing up to 1.5 billion barrels of oil across the desert."
 
Thankfully this was this.
 
"Typical habits of the 60s that would be unimaginable today

 
 
The 1960s were an exciting era to experience. Society was undergoing radical change. Social movements and popular culture played an influential role in driving progress. However, many behaviors that were considered acceptable in Western culture in the 1960s would today be ridiculed, considered illegal, or simply ridiculous.

Let's take a look at this gallery and discover the various problematic aspects of daily life that were acceptable during that time."  
 
More tomorrow, if you like.

Henry 🦁 




28 comments:

River said...

You took potato mash from the bin? Hopefully there was nothing else in there to contaminate it. I am having eggs tonight, but no potato. I don't see anything wrong with that 60s photo, unless the girl in pink is holding a tiny cigarette?

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, my goodness, no!!! I saved it FROM the bin - all good!
Yes, a tiny ciggie - but see tomorrow, if you like. What about your Wednesday Words?

Bertiebo said...

I liked the previous series and am looking forward to the new one!

Iris Flavia said...

At your service tomorrow.

Tom said...

...mad men do maddening things!

Iris Flavia said...

That´s why I prefer to blow soap-bubbles, Tom.

The Padre said...

Pool Time Bubbles Baby

Cheers

RedPat said...

Henry looks so cute!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I loved the 60s things seemed so much simpler then x

Granny Sue said...

Aw, Henry! So cute.
I still love bubbles...need to get some, soon. The egg potato Mashup looks right tasty!
As for the 60s, I was a teenager then, so I am curious what this series will have to say. Smoking, probably? Drinking alcohol while pregnant? Using Clorox to bleach hair? Hairspray so thick it was like varnish?

Christine said...

Cool bubbles art and yummy mash

Jeanie said...

Your Henry! You've found some adorable ones lately!

Bill said...

Bubbles are still popular today. :)

Amypie71 said...

I love left overs. We have them on toast or in sandwiches. Sounds like you have nice warm weather.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Henry so sweet.
I agree. Never too old for bubbles. Cute art.

My name is Erika. said...

Oh that is the best drawing Iris. I really really like it. Hope it was a good day. hugs-Erika

peppylady (Dora) said...

Such a fun sketch.

Iris Flavia said...

Soon, hey! Hopefully! Cheers

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, one wants to cuddle him!

Iris Flavia said...

Well then this was a good pick with the series!

Iris Flavia said...

I sadly got rid of our bubble machine last summer... You can see the future, huh? As in the past... it´s not about Clorox - or maybe that´s still up, I didn´t peek!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you and yes, so simple and yummy!

Iris Flavia said...

I had to! I wasn´t in the city lately and miss ours!

Iris Flavia said...

And that´s a good thing!!

Iris Flavia said...

Will have an old potato today :-)
But the weather. Come some holidays it went crap. 8C, cloudy.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, yes Henry needs some credit ever day. He secretly protects us (City of Henry the Lion).

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, thank you, Erika! It was more a ... sketch? It was a day off and I went grocery shopping with Ingo (a man who can never decide.... potatoes took forever and that asparagus, oh, my, but it was good after all) hugs

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, hopefully we get a good summer!