Saturday, April 12, 2025

Is It.... The

 
.... not fly I am also called Raphus cucullatus.

..an ..." extinct flightless bird that was endemic to the island of Mauritius, which is east of Madagascar in the Indian Ocean. The dodo's closest relative was the also-extinct and flightless Rodrigues solitaire."

It somehow does not get better, huh? What about me? Extinct?
Yes.
Well, there is someone who looks like me but is not from me.

Someone who turns 15 this year and gets baptized. And has confirmation.
I learned via paper-letter.

Crazy. Ingo brought in a paper-letter, put it on the kitchen-table.

I could not. Open it. My hands were lead by my heart which said "no".

Maybe I am a Dodo? And there is one more! She has two kids, twins, with her girlfriend and... she called, see last post, ...
Still no answer from Niece  on my question I put via WhatsApp .... do I need paper???
Is WhatsApp too modern for a 14-year-old?
The Dodo was said to be intelligent.

fK and I are this:


Pun intended.
 
"nochmal" means "once more", she asked if she may call.
See... she asked... as my male friends from East Germany if they should take off their shoes when they visit me.
No.
No. ...
I am a Wessie. 35 years ago the Berlin Wall fell and we are still Dodos, fK asks before she actually calls! Via phone. She keeps her shoes on when visiting, though. After she´d asked.
Which I expected, she´s not the first "Ossi".

In case you wonder about those shoes: 
In East Germany they heated with coal, so the snow turned black and you hence had it on the soles of your shoes.
Also!!!
 
New to me:
Vacuum cleaners were "Mangelware" and if available often not really working > take off your shoes, all fine.
 
That was GDR.

With her I felt safe and opened darn letter and somehow we ended up at Rubick´s Cube, German: "Zauberwürfel", "magic, and ... first hers, second mine and no, hers does not work.

Bag sewed by her girlfriend who keeps feeding me with Vegemite.

If only Ingo would be the man he used to be.
Love me back.
Does not.
 This is no real animal, so... joining Eileen?


I live in Braunschweig, and I found some real animals far, far away from River Oker:


He finds no water and she wants to leave.
Other way round here.
I don´t want to leave, can there be magic and Ingo falls back into pieces and is "mine" again?

The series:
"Are these the worst decisions in history?
 

 Hitler's Invasion of Russia
 
Napoleon's disastrous campaign didn't stop Adolf Hitler from ordering the largest military invasion of World War II when he, too, invaded Russia. The Nazis failed to capture Moscow and then fell victim to subzero temperatures, a lack of supplies, and a particularly vengeful enemy."
 
Really. I plop through  this series.
And just saying: Hitler was Austrian. Österreicher.
And yes. He "gained" German citizenship in this very city by some idiots...
Imagine this had not happened. Would .... would?

Henry 🦁 


...



16 comments:

River said...

I was confused at first thinking the 15 years old had the twins with her girlfriend, I had to read it a couple of times.
Perhaps Ingo has too much worry for you to show love?

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, my huh! I hope my Niece will make good decisions in life, no matter how many babies involved. Sorry. It is a confusing world. The man who "gave" the babies was really tall, the kids are 180+ at age 14! They (very friendly) look down on me. My Niece I have not seen in years, no idea how she looks like. Sad, huh.
Ingo. I don´t know. He changes. Warm food not in the evening but morning. After 30 years he puts up new rules.

Amypie71 said...

Men are like that sometimes. I am confused sometimes too with B. It's like one minute they are one person and another minute they are another.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Iris :)
Relationships can be complicated.I hope things work out well. I like your photos of the ducks.
All the best
Sonjia.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Iris
I love the Dodo statue, I wish they were not extinct.
I am sorry you lost contact with your niece and her family live too far away to see, it has been over 10 years now. I hope all is well with you and Ingo. Cute photo of the ducks, I hope they find water. I pray Ukraine stays strong!

Iris Flavia said...

Women can be "like that", too. We are persons!

Mae Travels said...

I’m not sure who all the different people are that you mention here. I thought that you visited your brother’s family from time to time and saw the nieces. Well, I hope you manage to reconcile with the people who mean a lot to you …
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com



Shiju Sugunan said...

Rooting for you and Ingo!

Tom said...

...Iris, I wish you a wonderful day. It's rainy here, we are "enjoying a ducky day!"

RedPat said...

Things will be better when you finish the courses that you are doing, Iris. It is a tense time in the whole world.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I was a little lost too but you weave quite a story. The Dodo is always interesting to research!

CJ Kennedy said...

{{{Iris}}}

Jeanie said...

That's interesting, the differences between East and West. Yes, I was a bit lost too, but I do hope things with Ingo work out.

Bill said...

Hope you and Ingo can work out the issues and feel better toward each other.

My name is Erika. said...

Having taught teenagers for 36 years, I can tell you, some of them are not very adventurous. They may want an answer on paper. I had many students who were not computer savvy. And many who were too computer savvy. I hope you hear from your niece. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

I thank you all. Big. Still lost.