Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Perth, 07/02 - #giantsperth - Hair



Lock in the Love was in town!
We certainly already have our own love lock at H´s place, but actually we should´ve added one here, too, I can say in the aftermath!

Here is one side, the other says Braunschweig/Perth - so excited it will move to the newly build house in Perth!





You can say ours doesn´t travel around Australia, but around Perth :-)

„Gigantic“ today: It´ll take 5 minutes, the lady at the Telstra-Store said.
Man, can you say incompetent when it takes way over 30 minutes and requires a visit at another Telstra-shop?
Anyhows, we have a phone-number now :-)

Gigantic sad today was that I could not join Ingo on his first meetup as volunteer for The Giants.
But I was prepared and had at least thongs with me.

With those I wandered slowly around like a real Perthie (@Ingo!) and found heaps of murals in Grand Lane.



Mind you, I could bombard you with pics of murals, but since I see them in your blogs, and often taken way more professional than me... I leave you with only few.
I´m still learning, right? ;-)



I also found the kangaroos at Sterling Gardens, where I then went and read about what happens to a pig when a chef orders meat. Ewww, by golly, Anthony Bourdain really goes into detail!
Worth a read, though, „A Cook´s Tour“, found in a second hand bookstore on the way together with a book on Marie Curie. I like novels as much as sweets ;-)



A rather hot day, but the Gardens sure had a refreshing breeze here and there - that is holiday, too, relaxing in a garden, reading a book at around 28C whilst the peeps at home freeze their butts off in minus-temps ;-)



What I found weird, though, was the hectical bells across the road ringing for a felt 15 minutes! And the drunk lady screaming at everybody in the park :-(

Waiting for Ingo to come back - mind you, I was so darn dang tired! Always third to fourth day the jetlag hits!



Rainee Square....
And here downstairs:



When Ingo came back finally he´d spotted some more murals near the meet-up, we went back to take pics...





... and by chance I spotted Grill'd – again: YUM!



Ha! And I know already: The Giants-story is re-written for Perth!

Now Jim Carrey in Mr. Popper´s Penguins – in the original, just like that – holidays :-)

And I´ve got hair again, yay! In Germany it was rather straw due to the heating. Here the water is soooo soft :-)
Sadly we have huge cockroaches, too – first time here!

4 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

So much fun to read about your trip Iris :) you really are Perthie girl now :)

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Grace! :-)
I so wish I could be for real soon!

Sami said...

I haven't seen some of those murals...looking forward to the rest of your trip.

Iris Flavia said...

Working on it, Sami, sooo many pics - hope to see what you´ve been up to on your trip as well!