Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Perth, 13/02 – Little Giant Girl
Yesterday we were just lazy, preparing for a hectical, fun, exciting weekend!
Those who know me.... I´m not good with Transperth, or any public transport system, for that matter.
I looked it up, bus´s supposed to be at 08:09 at the SC, so 08:03 I´m in front of our Tourist Park.
08:09 the bus arrived – I´d died a hundred times by that! ;-)
Langley Park was crammed already when I arrived, and actually I thought I was quite early.
So many parents with very small kids who cried cause it was so loud, who had near to no hair, yet no hats, I just didn´t get it! People popping up their brollies, blocking the views of others... not nice!
I searched for a good spot to wait for the Little Giant Girl and mind you 20 minutes later a pensioneer tried to „claim“ my spot, telling me I should stop bumping my bag into him. Ummmm, hello?!
(See how The Little Giant Girl seems to look at the camera the man is holding up?)
His wife was quite nice, though, stopped him, said she likes my Perth-bag and asked if I was a student.
Ummm, really? ;-)
When I told her I´m over 40... aw, well, you know ;-) I enjoy as long as it lasts!
And was she keen to see the Hubs from Germany, all astonished you can apply online from there.
„Yes, you can“.
And here he is, she seemed more excited than me!
It was plain awesome to see the Girl, to see how she is „worked“, the music was great, if very loud and by golly, the French guys really were lucky it was a rather cool day – such thick clothes!
Sadly with time passing the people got more aggressive, pushing boundaries ways too far for my liking.
But I reckon they were still polite compared to other countries.
Here she seems to look me straight in the eye, no?
The movies I took felt like forever yet later on I had to see: Too short! Gotta try again tomorrow.
Here is one Ingo took of The Little Giant Girl getting up:
Here they are, the Lilliputiens who "help" The Little Giant Girl:
When they take a Siesta, so does she, certainly:
I found Ingo, who had a lunch-packet from the volunteers, I got a burger at Chicken Treat and wondered what it is always with Bratwurst?
I really liked this:
Drinking water for free! Cool, too!
I - or rather we - did not take a Siesta, but more pics, like this one, for example:
Later on The Little Giant Girl got tired and was placed onto a car (and destroyed the windscreen with her foot, aw, well, happens, I suppose, when you´re that "little"...).
Here is a close-up:
I tried to get a pic of the sleeping Diver – not really a chance.
What I really thought was weird was when I saw one of the first steps the Girl made - video also by Ingo - they learned quickly! When I saw she really walked, but here...?
On Forrest Place were heaps of food stalls – saldy I wasn´t hungry at all – the Indian smelled sooooooo darn dang good! Hopefully tomorrow I make it – food-wise I´m luckily back to normal, phew!
The train stood in place forever, doors opening, closing, opening, closing.... took near to ten minutes at last to get going.
Slowly.
And only till Glendalough!
Everybody had to get out, and let me tell you, the train was rather full!
They had difficulties with the doors.
After a while announced those who want to get to the final station can get back in.
Had to get out later, my it was chaos, windy and "cold". (As I sneak in the pics now I certainly have to shake my head - cold?! -3,5C, scratching your car free from ice like yesterday, that is cold!)
Did I mention my nervousness about Trans....?
Packed isn´t the word giving justice for how we travelled on!
I made it to the SC, went to Big W and got a kids´ camping chair for tomorrow – my feet do more than hurt from all the standing, esp the left one.
On Nine I could see how they put the Little Giant Girl to bed, awesome event – really, they were in Berlin some time before???? It was not in our news! Or I was who knows where, still shame on me, Sami! ;-)
Fingers crossed the weather is as cool as today the next two days.
Wow, it was … gigantic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













6 comments:
Ingo was so lucky to be part of this event! Love the videos he made, wish I had taken videos and not just photos.
I hadn't yet seen a photo of the Little girl on top of the car...poor car!
Yes, and Ingo so dislikes FB - where I got the info you can be a volunteer - ha!, huh?
More videos are to come, we both took some :-)
Aw, it really was a once in a lifetime-event, right? I am thankful I was allowed to be part of it!
What an event! A unique experience! I have seen videos before. My cousin was there when they visited Leeuwarden (in the Netherlands) I think it was the giant himself and the diver. Lucky you.
Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed it.
Happy second of the second,
Lisca
That Little Giant Girl was something to see. It is almost spooky in its size. If I was a kid I would have petrified of it. Just like I am with clowns. Since I haven't seen this post it was good to see it! Have a great start to your weekend. Hugs-Erika
Now I know where your background comes from. This is truly amazing. I absolutely love it and yours and Ingo's experience and ability to see it happen. Had to laugh when she got tired and sat on the car. This was a PERFECT post for a second look on the 2nd, dear friend.
To answer your questions from yesterday, you asked: Was this multi-colored thread or how did you switch between colors?
YES, it's called variegated. It's what you are calling multi-colored.
What is that book?
Brille? Schuhputzen? Örgs, Hautausschlag?
Sorry, Iris. Unlike you, I don't remember ANY German I took for a semester in high school. I can't read it, I just love the graphics.
Ah. OK. But... How did you manage to find exactly the last sewing point to start again?
I spent a lot of time fussing with the sewing and getting everything lined up perfectly. I spent more time on that than I did trying to make the lines straight. Hope that helped.
This giant girl came nearby to Liverpool but we didn't see her, my bona nd grandchildren did so I got to see photos! What a lucky man your hubby is! Hugs, Chrisx
Post a Comment