Monday, March 30, 2015
Perth 20/02 - Hans Im Glück And Local Matters
Yesterday we went to Joondalup and there ended up at... Grill`d, hmmm, we were a hungry No 18!
The title? When I told my cutomer E (woman! Yes, I am not the only one at work!) about Grill´d she smiled big and said, yes, actually "we" do have something like that, too, Hans Im Glück, Hans being lucky. Well, they offer fresh quality-products, but I couldn´t find anything about the helping locals idea!
So... since none is near Braunschweig anyway I´m happy we went to Grill´d.
I know you all know the concept and E does not read here, still I want to show the concept (Ingo is the only German reading along, it´s kinda "embarrassing" showing the blog to anyone here. Certainly FB shows my posts, and there are 2 German fellows, but I recon they think, too, this is too weird.).
You should get a pouch with a token with each meal (not the case every time!):
Inside you find said token with which you can support one of three local community groups per month:
It´s reused often, too :-) And yes, I admit... I took one home to show around!
You can read about the monthly projects:
And in case you cannot handle what you ordered...
You can take a knife!
Don´t try this concept over here! It is amazing and refreshing to see that those knives are not being stolen!
They are good quality, I guess.
And no, even though Grill´d isn´t a cheapy and even though you support your city - that would not keep people here from taking those knives, aka steal them, I am pretty sure of that.
We never needed one, because we always ask the staff to cut them in halfes since we share one (Blog-title, huh?!):
And we always got two Grill´d wooden... what are they, gigantic tooth-picks? Reminds me of "our" waitress at Schadt´s who brings two halfes of a currywurst on two plates.
As I sit here at my PC, two big, comfy monitors, outside it´s cold, grey, rainy... I drool about those burgers. And the concept, it´s a great one. It´s an Aussie one.
Labels:
Australian Journey,
fun,
health,
holiday,
Perth,
the two of us,
yummy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
I've never been to Grill'd, and I have one in the shopping centre 10min from home! I'll have to give them a try and I like their philosophy.
Yes, give it a go, we loved them! As the concept.
Post a Comment