Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Perth 21/02 – Ants Haunting / In Fermentation, There is Truth. And Pigs Can Fly



Freo it was again today and sure as hell we ended up at Wendy Binks again.

I got another item guess you´re supposed to put a glass on it or such, way too precious for my liking, though.

H „made“ me touch a Koala-bear in Caversham Wildlife Park last time we´ve been here, and my... whilst everyone squeezed the poor little fella I touched him gently. So soft.
So rich. So.. oily? I dunno, his fur was beautiful might just say it.

Anyhows...Wendy´s partner, Paul Mosa, made Koalas and also one with ants.
Guess nearly anyone had had this ants-experience?

My Bro certainly sat in the tiny German ones, crying, being about 1 ½ years old.

Me? 24. Grace? Aww, well, we were adults and made the same mistake as ??-y-o, but here in Australia, go figure, we sure can laugh about ourselves and hence the ants it had to be, twice.
Happy yucky-outch!

Very "cool" is this solar-operated water-vending machine - with music!
But actually you can get drinking water for free here and there in Perth/Freo. I know of exactly one place in Braunschweig...



This is one number-plate... just like the ones here in Germany where most Audi TT-drivers need to have "TT" in their number plate!



Yes, it´s a Volkswagen Transporter, wo-hoo...
This one sure is more "funny":



And this one truly makes clear who´s saying what you do!



I just love the harbor!



Sadly (?) Ingo did not dare to try fish & chips, because... oil.... pancreas...

Instead we marched a bit near the water, awww, I so love the ocean!



I then spotted another Grill`d... oh, come on, we´re on holidays, right?

Funny enough... we got No 18 again!



Yum!!!



Later we went to Sail & Anchor, not even knowing it´s "an iconic Fremantle landmark" and "heritage listed pub" where they say, "In Fermentation, There is Truth." - Funny, no?



See one happy Ingo here :-)



And here is the proof to the Simpson´s are right:





On the way back Kakulas Sisters were open!





After we´d visited the Brothers we had to go in here, too :-)



A last number-plate-pic for today:



And then we left Freo for the day - Way Out!



In Perth at Australian Geographic Ingo had to fight a croc...



... and played Moustache.



Pigs can fly, huh?

4 comments:

Sami said...

Pigs can fly, cute.
A lot of good number plates you found in Freo.

Iris Flavia said...

Well, thank you for pointing me in the number-plate direction :-)

Red Nomad OZ said...

Hahahaha! Hope Ingo survived the crocodile attack!!!! The Cobra is SO cool!!

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I felt so like a tourist, taking that pic!!!

Yes, in Australia you can have cool number plates! Here you always have to have your city first, like BS for Braunschweig - no such funny combinations possible with that...