Friday, March 20, 2015

SoFi



So. I had to get that old to see my first solar eclipse, well at least a partial one.
The last time in Germany was 1999, in August. But that year from March till December we were… in Australia, so.

R, who bought our Moped, came into my office and said, come with me, F has glasses to watch!
From 1999 :-)
Cool, it sure was. The light was like in wonderland, as it was no total eclipse, misty, kinda. It cooled down, got a bit windy.
And I never thought it goes that fast! You had the feeling you can actually watch it moving!

Well, so. Whilst # was all morning like, heyyyyy I´m so special, I have special glasses… (they were sold out very quickly) I silently went with R and had a look, too. Because…. I´m so “special”, people actually like me and take me with them, ha!

Why SoFi? Well. We´re getting lazier and lazier. SonnenFinsternis :-)

Cool, huh? I thought I only get to see it on TV in the news, but no, I saw the real thing!

Which is good, because I did not get to see the news – we had our first quarter meeting today.

And despite it being no fun but fact event we had some good laughs!
A look at the statistics - one from the back: "I can see the colors - but I don´t know what they mean?!"
A look at the statistics of the last staff-survey - those who gave red aka I´m not content were gone. Someone from behind: "They´d left the company!"
Boss speaking of some of the lines being... aw, well, he studied math and used a word no one knew. "This man sure knows some words! ;-)", and someone else, "hey, speak German, man! ;-)"
Some project did not go to sale. Boss: "This year it will - I just want it to!!! ;-)", acting like a three-year-old.

There were rumors we have to work nation-wide.
Boss threw on the wall:

We work local!
Why?
Because I won´t ever ask you to do something I would not like to do!!!

And added, "I want everybody to sleep in his own bed every night.
.... if he wants to!... :-)"

See why I love to work here? (Apart from #. And I could see again it´s not me! Colleague M gave # a ride. They entered the nearly empty room. # took a seat. M took one far away... T came in later and had asked me to keep a seat free for him. Did he look relieved when he saw it was not the place beside #.... See? Isn´t me...)

Seesh. Where did this week go?! It just flew by!!

And I´ll have two weeks "off" now - aka # is on holiday, yay!

2 comments:

Sami said...

I didn't even think about the eclipse, will probably be in my eighties next time there is another one.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, it will be a while...