With this lille owl I join Nicole´s FFO.
And for Annie´s Smiles I have this heart-warming story, found at FB:
A little redemption for the suffering human soul.
The older man was paused at the top of an escalator and a few people started gathering waiting to get on. It was clear he was feeling unsure and this young man offered the simplest kindness: an out-reached arm and a 'can I help you on, sir?' He quietly started to explain to the young man that he had gotten stuck on an escalator once and was a little scared. The young man gently offered an assurance, they looked at each other eye to eye for just a moment and the older man accepted his arm. Everyone else remained patient. So, so sweet to witness!
In about an hour, the evening news will air and we'll be reminded of division, political mud-slinging, shootings and other heartaches. But today, violence, age, politics and other social lines were blurred and one person simply helped another. I wanted to hug both of them. Whoever this young man is, YOUR FAMILY RAISED YOU RIGHT! THANK YOU! So, please look for the silver linings - as I was so fortunate to witness this evening." 
A Love What Matters Original Story
Submitted by Paula Accorsi Picard"
Some funnies now:
The best for last:
1955
A proud father buys a convertible for his son. Toy cars were extremely popular in the 1950s, a crucial time for the American automobile industry, and every child wanted their own mini version of a Chevy, Caddy or Studebaker."
Henry 🦁














38 comments:
Good morning-loving your painting hugs
You have some fabulous funnies today Iris. Thanks for the morning smiles. And I love your owl. He's cute! Hope your day is going well. hugs-Erika
Who????
LOL.... my brother needs that helmet. It would look hilarious when he has his chihuahua in the "bubble" carrier. The carrier straps on my brother's stomach/chest and looks funny already.
Yes , Its Friday And That Helmet Totally Rocks In Motion For Sure - Enjoy Your Weekend My Dear
Stay Groovy ,
Cheers
Great funnies! and a heartwarming story. Your owl is so cute.
Enjoy your weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca
Love the funnies, Iris. The helmet is wonderful.
Thanks for such upbeat stories and photos! Mrs. Henry is letting everyone know how she feels about it.
Cute owl and love the story
What a happy post, Iris! That reflection though...!
Yes, you need that helmet. We all do!
I love owls so your painting is great. Escalators can be scary, especially the decending ones, so well done young man for offering to help. The lion has a lovey smile this week. Kate x
I love your story…restores your faith in mankind. I love your funnies too. No I’ve not found my needles but I’m managing with my new ones for now.
Hugs,
Annie x
Wow! Luv your funnies today
Much♡love
Thank you, hugs
Owls are wonderful. Last year in Costa Rica we saw seven different species of owls. It’s always fascinating how different species of owls have different features, but resemble each other a lot.
best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com
Glad I could make you smile :-) Owl says thank you, hugs
Perfect pressie then! For when the season starts!
Sadly I have no idea where to buy it - but we sold our moped anyways... Enjoy your weekend, dear friend, cheers
Thank you, enjoy yours, too, hugs
Thank you ;.)
You´re very welcome!
Thank you.
Yes to all! :-) Sadly we sold our Moped, though...
Thank you and oh, yes, I really mostly always take the lift or stairs...x
Hm. Usually when you buy new you find the lost ones, according to Murphy´s law. Hugs x
That makes me happy x
Yes, I read some books about owls, fascinating birds!
The helmet takes the cake, probably the whole cake too. :)
Wonderful 'Duckie' painting and fun post ~ thanks,
Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
Hi Iris hope you will forgive me for being so late. I can relate to the story of the old man and the escalator as my mother was very scared to step on them and has been helped by others on many occasions, most people are very understanding. You have definitely made me smile today with your funnies, I love the look on the duck's face. Have a great weekend. Hugs angela xxx
Yes, so cool , huh!!
Thank you, I wish the same to you!
I "forgive" you ;-) - Blogging is all about fun only, OK?
It is so silly, but I am afraid of these escalators, too. A man here dripped over! Now, I am very small, yet.... thatt duck sure had fun ;-) To a great weekend, hugs xxx
Oh I love the owl. But the young man who helped the older on the escalator. Oh and the chicken at KFC. You always make me laugh. Thank you for sharing with FFO.
Hope the chicken doesn't come some one dinner
You´re very welcome, dear host!
Yeah, better not go in!
I remember when you started drawing here. Maybe you had done it long before but not in this space and now you do regularly. And boy, your work has really evolved over time. I love how you catch the cheery spirit of this owl. It's delightful!
My comment is lost again 😢
Post a Comment