Friday, May 12, 2006

Weird night

Last winter it happened the first time in my life. The clock rang. I felt terribly tired, but got up. Put the lights on, the TV, made myself ready. I was finished to go - in winter, which means with boots and all. I wondered why the news hadn´t been broadcasted yet.

I found out I only DREAMED the clock had rung!

I usually get up at 05:40 am - my brain suggested to get up waaaay earlier and it made the sound of the clock perfectly real!
I stayed awake...

It happened another time in winter and I was about putting my bed away when I remembered - hey, look at the clock - and again my brain had tricked me!

It tried again tonight, but now it´s easer for me since it is starting to lighten outside when I get up. Three times I woke with hand on the clock - each time the sound was perfectly real -

how is that possible - and: What is it good for?!

By the way: I sleep with ear protection since otherwise I would have to get up with the birds who are very loud. My room goes to the backyard so the sound is reflected and therefore really loud. Even this the brain consideres when tricking me!

Well, but I feel ok.

Outside the grass is mowed - I cannot smell it up here in the fifth floor, but I can remember how wonderful it smelled when my parents mowed the grass in our little garden (actually it was my mother most often...).

I look forward to a great weekend. We´ll stay at my place. We´ll install blinds on my balcony, since I have a very, very curious neighbour, and an unfriendly one, too.
Maybe the sunflowers we planted are ready to go into real earth now - I have at least 10! On my small balcony!
And on Saturday there is a football game. Let´s hope there will no rain!
And, certainly, we´ll be together! :-)

No comments: