Sunday, April 24, 2022

Huuuuuhhhh... Will They Live Forever?

 
Vampire Birds!
Well you need to survive, right? I have this calendar:


Oh, do you know the series Quantum Leap? I love it!
It´s about (wiki)  "putting right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home".
Don´t we all want this? (Plus... the guy is sexy)

Anyhow, on Galapagos (where my Dad once was!!!) you find birds that, if there is nothing else available they feed on blood, just like Vampires!
Interesting, don´t you think? 
 
Nature always finds a way to keep going!
(Humans not included, I reckon):

 
We are also called Geospiza septentrionalis or just call us "Vampire ground finch".
We don´t live forever.
We´re not the Highlander...
 
Henry 🦁



I live on the people´s love. They are peaceful and smile at me, sit by me, walk secretly smiling past me, glance with love at me. I am their Henry - and I care for other countries... and birds, too.
 
(This is a very special pic as usually you are not allowed to go into his castle.)
 
Living on blood can have different meanings 🌻💙💛




9 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

I heard of Quantum leap, but never seen it.
Coffee is on and stay safe

The Padre said...

Sending Peace And Love - Big Hugs

Cheers

Iris Flavia said...

Dora, give it go then!!

___

Padre, big hugs back - to peace and love and surviving....

River said...

I love The Highlander!he is so cute, but watching too many episodes at once, the theme song gets annoying. I haven't watch hardly any of Quantum Leap, I remember my kids loved it, so I want to see it, but "putting right what once went wrong" doesn't seem like a good thing, since changing the past also affects the future.

Iris Flavia said...

Hmmm. River yes. It affects the future! Hopefully in a good way?
Imagine if the one trying to assassinate Hitl#r succeeded. Or Put#n now.
The police offer who...
What might´ve happened. Would there have been another Hit#er in the pipe? Who knows, you are right...

RedPat said...

I loved Quantum Leap - I think I never missed one episode.
I saw a TV show this week about the Galapagos Island and they showed those Vampire Finches with their sharp little beaks. It was gross to see.

William Kendall said...

Quantum Leap was such a great show.

Iris Flavia said...

RedPat, uhhhh - and what a coincidence!!!

____

William, yes!

Jeanie said...

I love this line: I live on people's love. I had never thought of it that way, but I think I do, too. Lovely.