Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Yum For Kathy

 
I was stressed and a bit frustrated,job-wise, opened the fridge and found some rather very old cooked potatoes Ingo made.
 
Yuck.
And remembered I have an open package of chicken-breast-slices.
And cheese.
Eggs.

Slice and fry the potatoes with salt and pepper till not burned but dark brown (when it starts to smell... be quick).
Meanwhile throw one egg in a cuppa, add sliced meat and cheese, use some spices and kabooom.

It was soooo yummy (and quick)!

I was happy.

Potatoes, cooked, 5 days in the fridge... not a worry!
The cheese did the magic.

This is for Kathy´s Food Wednesdays of course. Looking forward to your recipes!
(Well this is none, rather a "forgot and found"-one).
 
This. Was yummy!
For Tom look here, if you care, it´s cute, really.

Henry 🦁


Try it before you make such a face!


("SALAD?!!" Kidding, Henry)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Iris, I love dishes like this, using up what is in the fridge. fried potatoes yum, I think they are easier to fry up in skillet too once they are already cooked once.
Thanks for sharing with us on food wednesdays-hugs

Iris Flavia said...

Kathy, thank you for hosting this - this is fun!
Otherwise this would´ve ended up as side note on a Tuesday (which would not be bad, either, but just as pic).
I was astonished the potatoes really were still (more than) good after five days!! Hmmm... and hugs :-)

River said...

I use up things in the fridge too, but not something 5 days old already. I use the next day or maybe a third day, but not more than that.

Iris Flavia said...

Chicken, you ;-)
No, they were really still OK! I smelled first of course.
Plus my Dad gave me a very strong stomach...

Anonymous said...

I have found stevia to be difficult to bake with since it takes so little of it. could work in a crisp though. I use stevia in my teas often

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love leftovers. Easy to heat and eat. I'll leave the meat out, though. Cheese is my downfall, that's for sure.

Iris Flavia said...

Kathy, hm, will see of that - maybe on the weekend (if that tooth is up to it).

____

Elizabeth, cheese... oh... the devil masqueraded as food! ;-)

Tom said...

...now I'm hungry, need to have my breakfast.

Christine said...

You are so good with leftovers and no waste is great!

My name is Erika. said...

You come up with these great ideas Iris. I'm not the most creative with food. I'll blame that on the hubby as he is rather a picky eater so I can't experiment much. These do look and sound good. Hope your day today isn't too frustrating. hugs-Erika

Rain said...

Cheese makes everything magical!! ☺☺ Potatoes and cheese are such a good mix. Have you ever heard of poutine? I'm making that today so I'll post about that next week! ☺

DVArtist said...

Iris some of the best dishes are leftovers in a pan. Add cheese and it's a winner. Have a great day.

Jeanie said...

That sounds good -- anything with eggs and potatoes sounds good!

Divers and Sundry said...

I like leftovers, and this dish looks tasty :)

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, to breakfast-time!

____


Christine, thank you - it´s easy :-)

____

Erika, I cook but for myself, same problem you have!
No such luck on the second, though, thank you for asking, hugs back!

____

Rain, no! Looking forward to your poutine! :-)

_____

Nicole, said perfectly :-) To a great day!

____

Jeanie, yes, was soooo yummy!

____

Divers and Sundry, give it a go!

jinxxxygirl said...

Hmmm.. not sure i would have used 5 day old potatoes.. lol Glad you are well..lol It did look yummy! Happy Food Wednesday! Hugs! deb

Iris Flavia said...

deb, my Dad gave me a good, strong stomach! LOL!

Carola Bartz said...

This is what I would do - easy and so delicious!

William Kendall said...

Sounds like a good combination.

Iris Flavia said...

Carola, yes to both!

____

William, it is! I will repeat that!