Thursday, January 02, 2025

A New Beginning

 
I will not let go of these "Christmas lights" as long as it´s still dark in the morning!
I see it as "Winter-Gurri at the PC".
 
Work-PC on soon. Just for in case...
 
A little "LOL":Ingo:
 

 The only good thing about this time of the year, no, two things:
1) kale, 2) big pots simply go on the balcony for keeping cool.
 
The weight on the pot?
Peanut can carry an apple into the flower-bed and when angry pull over the King-Frog, so.... 
I don´t want to share the kale with him/her. Not healthy for a Squirrel.
 
Oh,and some snippets from a docu from yesterday:
Did you know since 1997 you can vote from ISS?
Wheelie-bins are a must since July in New York and the mass of rats has reduced?
I hope that was a joke. (watching Galileo Big Pictures, reflecting the year):
They ended with a three-colored-cat. That is a so-called "Lucky Cat"
 
With that: Happy New work-week (or such).
 
I have a new series for you:
 
"This is how we shopped in the 20th century
 

 
In addition to the obvious reason to stock up on supplies, we also shop to acquire things that bring us joy, make life easier, or fulfill cultural expectations, such as gift giving. We've been doing this for centuries. This gallery offers a nostalgic look back at the 20th century and shows how we shopped back then and what goods and services were available.
 

 1929
Several customers try on shoes in a crowded store during a sale. Actually not much has changed. Shoes are just as fashionable and desirable today as they were a century ago."

 
Henry 🦁 
 

 
Sadly the plastic was cheap and I had to throw the bottle away....
 

 

26 comments:

Bertiebo said...

wintergurri?

Iris Flavia said...

My red winter-coat with white dots is called (by the producer) Gurri :-)

River said...

I love the Christmas Gurri bow! I think you should keep it all year. I remember stacking my trolley much neater when I did family-sized shopping.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, Gurri, as all Christmas stuff (not much) always stays all year long :-)
I still see people who have chaos in their trolleys. And I more than once students (university) packing the tomatoes first end can of soup etc on top in their bags.

Tom said...

...each morning we turn on the Christmas tree lights. I remember shoe salesmen, now it
s DIY. Be well, Iris.

magiceye said...

Love the last photo!

Iris Flavia said...

Dad always kept the Chritsmas tree till it really was not possible anymore - but he used real candles. Scary. Oh, the other day Ii got help in the shoe-store (Ingo hates the shoes, aw, well)

Iris Flavia said...

Henry says thank you!

My name is Erika. said...

Yes, you are right about putting pots outside. I do the same. :) I have a Christmas tree I keep up through January, not the big one, but I love the extra light. And although today's not bad, it's going to get really cold for like at least a week. Time to hunker down I think...but I'm not sure I want to. Happy Jan 2. Did you hear about your training? hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

We are clever gals, right? Why bother the fridge.
I have the few Christmas items on all year round (I am lazy) - no tree unless I find one for free in the street, though.
No, sadly I heard nothing about the training - getting nervous.

Jeanie said...

I love your way of keeping Peanut out of the pan. We stick ours in the garage but same idea! I love your gurri bow! I'll keep a couple of seasonal (not really Christmassy) trees up through February but the rest will come down on the day after Twelfth Night. Happy January, Iris!

RedPat said...

I have a string of Christmas lights along the hallway which I light up all year especially in winter when it is so dark.

Barbara Rogers said...

That poor little kid in the cart with mom's hectic shopping. Yes there are still folks like that. When I shop before a holiday, or a storm coming, many people stop by - but they get only a few things, not a huge pile.

CJ Kennedy said...

Winter --gurri is very cute. We use the sunroom as a big fridge or freezer as long as the temperature is 38 oF (3.33 oC)

Iris Flavia said...

I leave all Christmas-items "on display" all year round, I love the colors! Happy January to you, too, dear Jeanie!

Iris Flavia said...

LOL, I am not alone, that is nice to learn!

Iris Flavia said...

Here the trolleys have seats for kids. But, yes, come Christmas, Easter or such people panic.

Iris Flavia said...

The word "sunroom" is sooo wonderful! My SIL had one, too -we call it "winter-garden" and it got really warm!

Anonymous said...

I remember those days trying shoes -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Loooong ago :-) Though the other day I got help there.

Bill said...

Henry looks mighty fine on the bottle. Tourists probably bought lots of them as souvenirs.

Iris Flavia said...

Glad I smelled first- horrible. Poor Henry.

Granny Sue said...

Agree, the bow needs to stay! Too funny about the squirrel. They are clever little creatures.
Kale? Ummmm....I like it when mixed with other greens, or used in a recipe, but by itself, well, I can eat it but not happily. I think I would secretly let the squirrel have it!

The Padre said...

Always Pleased To Check Out Old BLK & White Photos

Big Hugs ,
Cheers

Iris Flavia said...

Bow stays :-) And the kale came with potatoes and kassler :-)

Iris Flavia said...

I´s a fun series!
Big hugs and cheers!