Monday, January 13, 2025

Another Heinrich


 The artist was sadly gone already. And by now is this Heinrich - we had snow, then it warmed up and it was all icy/mudddy.
Note the bow tie in German-flag-colors.

The cite says:
"Denk ich an Deutschland
in der Nacht, bin ich um den Schlaf gebracht!"
Heinrich Heine

"I think of Germany
in the night, I lost my sleep!"
Heinrich Heine
 
Wiki says: "Christian Johann Heinrich Heine (/ˈhaɪnə/; German: [ˈhaɪnʁɪç ˈhaɪnə] ⓘ; born Harry Heine; 13 December 1797 – 17 February 1856) was a German poet, writer and literary critic. He is best known outside Germany for his early lyric poetry, which was set to music in the form of Lieder (art songs) by composers such as Robert Schumann and Franz Schubert."


The series:

"This is how we shopped in the 20th century
 

 1950
 
A potential buyer receives engine specification information from a salesperson at this Dodge dealership. His wife looks on, a brochure in her hand."
 
 


30 comments:

Bettie said...

Ground mural!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, shoot I am so small!

The Padre said...

Happy 13th My Dear

Stay Strong ,
Cheers

magiceye said...

Loved the last photo!

gigi-hawaii said...

Imagine dressing up to see cars!

Tom said...

...a chalk painting?

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you and dito, cheers

Iris Flavia said...

The good old days...

Iris Flavia said...

Funny thought indeed.

Iris Flavia said...

Yips!

RedPat said...

That mural is fabulous, Iris.

Christine said...

Lovely tribute

Barbara Rogers said...

The car salesmen (and women) still prefer to sell to a man, and the wife would of course get to pick the colors! I'll never forget the red and white Plymouth my father came home with, and introduced it as a sporty car (a sedan with push button gear shifters.) Get a woman involved please!

Mae Travels said...

Heine is a very fascinating poet and writer. The Nazis tried to obliterate his existence but they failed. One of his poems/songs was so famous that they changed the author to “anonymous.”
best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you - wish I was much taller!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, a nice find.

Iris Flavia said...

LOL, I let my boss pick the color, but I always chose the car.

Iris Flavia said...

He was quite a man...

CJ Kennedy said...

I don't think much has changed when buying cars. Except you don't have to get dressed up anymore especially the hat and gloves.

Iris Flavia said...

I am just glad I don´t need a car anymore...

Bill said...

Amazing mural.

Granny Sue said...

Whoever did that art did beautiful work.
I wonder if I have heard any of his poems on the classical music station i listen to?

Iris Flavia said...

Sad I´m so small, though!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, and sadly already gone...

Jeanie said...

That's a splendid mural!

River said...

I like chalk drawings and that could be counted as a mural too. I remember the days when we dressed up to go shopping, everyone looked so nice. but in the summer we were always so hot, with hats and gloves on the women and some had lightweight coats even! Suits for the men of course. People are more casual now but much cooler.

Iris Flavia said...

Sadly not a better shot....

Iris Flavia said...

Wish I was taller to have gotten a better perspective of the chalk-mural.
Gloves and coats in summer?! Oh, yikes! Sounds very British indeed.

William Kendall said...

Good mural.

Iris Flavia said...

Sadly I didn´t meet the artist...