Friday, January 24, 2025

FFO, Smiles And Silly Funnies

 
With Penny Dreadful´s cover I join Nicole´s FFO and Gillena.
 
 

 Now for some funnies, cats, btw:

 
And dogs...

 
Let´s leave animals for a while and turn to humans...


 
Sub-topic (not too rude, huh):
 
 
Sweet bunnies, huh, but we´re still at this subject:
 


Someone has something to say...
 
 
And of course...

 

The Series:
 
"This is how we shopped in the 20th century  

 
1972
 
Do you remember the LP, the long-playing record? What about the 45 and even the 78? Yes, music lovers used to buy vinyl. This old-fashioned analog sound storage medium is currently making a bit of a comeback."
 
Sadly it did. Ingo bought a player and LOADS of shellac records, that sit in the shelve in the living room, not his room...

 Henry 🦁
 

 Have a happy Friday!



34 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your faces today and thanks for the hilarious smiles -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Thank and you´re welcome :-)

mamapez5 said...

Great drawing to start with. I loved the two cats greeting one another.
I see the 'Earl' cartoon strips on facebook most day and they nearly always make me smile.
Ah relax for the wekend. A lovely pic. Kate x

Annie said...

Oh Iris! Your funnies really made me chuckle today…thanks for sharing them.
Hugs,
Annie x

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, and yes, I love those Earl-Cartoons on facebook, too :-) To a great weekend! x

Iris Flavia said...

Annie, you are very welcome, hugs x!

Gene Black said...

Happy Friday! Thanks for the laughs. One of the rare French things I remember is "Fermez la bouche" (spelling??) so I got that one without help. LOL

Iris Flavia said...

Psssst....

My name is Erika. said...

Vinyl is back here. My son-in-law has a lot of those LPs, and they're new. You can even find them in stores. What goes around, always come back again, Have a great rest of your Friday and start toy our weekend Iris. hugs-Erika

RedPat said...

I loved going into record stores and spending time going through all the albums. There are quite a few record stores here still.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, the first Ingo bought was... Queen on vinyl! But then he went for the real old stuff. I prefer my PC... Either way, happy weekend, hugs

Iris Flavia said...

If only they did not consume so much space!

Gillena Cox said...

LOL! your funnies are just crazy. My favourite is the one with Kermit

Much♡love

gigi-hawaii said...

Every day is the weekend when you're retired.

Barbara Rogers said...

Since retirement, weekends haven't had as much meaning, but I do like the idea of preparing for the weekend. I now have 3 different kinds of healthy bars (some protean some not!). Gaelic Ale will be my go-to if I wish to "relax" more. I don't usually watch sports. Maybe stream a movie though.

Iris Flavia said...

Kermit knows! :-)

Iris Flavia said...

I can´t wait for this... or, do I?You need a lot of discipline I can imagine?

Iris Flavia said...

And yet you are always so busy!

The Padre said...

Yup , Not Everyday You See A Dog Driving A Cab Downtown

Classic

Iris Flavia said...

How come I kinda expected this... from a dog lover, of course, cheers!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Iris, sorry I'm late, everything's been taking me much longer at the moment but I'm getting there. Fed-up with this cold. However your funnies made me smile. Loving the cute animals. Have a good weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

Mae Travels said...

The return of LPs happened around 7 or 8 years ago here. We gave away a lot of them, but kept the Beatles and Stones records (yes, records).
best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Bill said...

Storm Éowyn just blew through our land and left lots of people without power and water. We finally got our power back after 17 hours but still no water. Love your funnies today:)

DVArtist said...

Ohhh I love the Penny Dreadful art. Love the funnies too. Thank you for joining FFO.

River said...

Love the funnies. I remember record shops and flipping through the racks looking for the one I wanted. I still have a few old LPs and a couple of 45s. But no player. I'd buy one, but have nowhere to put it and I have those songs on the mini ipod anyway.

Iris Flavia said...

No need to feel sorry and glad I could make you smile! Get well soon, hugs xXx

Iris Flavia said...

Well if they wouldn´t eat up space and if Ingo would use the stuff. It´s just sitting here, silent.

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, we heard nothing of it here - good there was nothing worse! Though 17 hours so power... hope you had candles? We have them ready at hand... Yay for the funnies then!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you for making me sketch this! :-)

Iris Flavia said...

See - the space they eat up!!! If Ingo at least´d use the stuff, but it only sits here ...

Lisca said...

I love your pennydreadful.
And those funnies! You really made me laugh out loud (or should that be lol?). I love Earl. And the visiting cat is so cute. The 65% surprised me. Dada made me lol.
I remember 78s butI didn't have any (my parents did). I had vinyl records. i loved going to record shops, browsing through the LPs and admiring the art on the sleeves. Then going into a booth to listen to the record. We had a stereo record player since I was 12. I remember going to the shop to buy one (we went as a family), and the salesperson explained what stereo was and let us listen to the stereo effect in a special sound room. We all loved it of course, sadly my dad couldn't afford it. But we had a lovely afternoon. Then my dad found a stereo record player from Eastern Europe which was much more affordable but ever so ugly. But it worked. It was sturdy and I used it for many years.
Sorry for being late, but enjoy your weekend anyway,
Lisca

Iris Flavia said...

Nice to know my funnies weren´t too rude!
Oh, what a story about the stereo!
I feel like a spoiled kid, but then...you did things as a family, mine were always working. I think yours was better than mine. Or... just different?
Weekend so far is great, hope yours, also!

Carola Bartz said...

Die "naked" faces sind Klasse! Die funnies brachten mich zum lachen, und ja, ich hab den Hund im Auto zuerst auch nicht gesehen. Klar erinnere ich mich noch an LPs und 45, sogar 78. Ich besaß jede Menge, aber sie nehmen wirklich enorm viel Platz weg. Vor einigen Jahren habe ich sie schließlich an einen Sammler verkauft. Jetzt höre ich Musik (+ Podcasts + Audiobooks) über Spotify.

William Kendall said...

These are funny!