Friday, January 03, 2025

FFO, Smiles And Yum

This is for Nicole´s FFO. I finally managed to get the watercolors out again. And boy. It was a break too long, I start at zero, kinda...


 And some funnies:


 

 Yesterday I was in Monday-mood - but yay, today is Friday! 
 
 

 
 
That darn 6+ puzzle and I was 4 and dreamed I´m a flower trying to flee on three roots - with loads of earth on them. Night after night after night till I had mastered it.
 
 

The series:

"This is how we shopped in the 20th century
 
 
 
1947

Hatmaking flourished in the first half of the 20th century and hats were on everyone's lips. Here a customer tries on a felt hat and checks whether it is his size."

Henry 🦁 


So sad the plastic stank so bad this bottle went to the bin...



43 comments:

River said...

The deaf story is sweet and I love the tomatoes, "RUN!" Now I have that song in my head, "Carry on..."

mamapez5 said...

Lovely deaf story. The stair carpet is a nightmare and the tomatoes made me smile. I like the little duckie. Kate x

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, very sweet. Thinking of watching an episode!!

Iris Flavia said...

Kids can be sweet and clever! x

Gene Black said...

That carpet on the stairs is a HUGE mistake.
I love the sign language story.
We all have those certain songs that give us that feeling.

Iris Flavia said...

I wonder if the carpet is photoshopped or maybe is that person blind?

My name is Erika. said...

Happy Friday Iris I am loving your duck! I'm glad you pulled out some art supplies once again. :) And that carpet is frightening. Eeks. I hope you are having a great FRiday and have a great weekend too. hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

Very fun memes, Iris! Happy weekend.

Tom said...

...thanks Iris forthe chuckles this morning.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Jeanie and a happy weekend to you, too!

Iris Flavia said...

You´re welcome, Tom :-)

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Erika, I hope when the darn taxes are done I can really come back. Yes. A truly wonderful carpet, not! I´m wishing you a great weekend, too, hugs

Barbara Rogers said...

Laughing out loud, as they say. Tomato stalking. Those stairs will be soft for the first few people who fall on them at least!

Anonymous said...

Yesterday wasn’t Monday?

RedPat said...

I love the tomato pic, Iris. I wasn't feeling like it was Friday until I saw your funnies.

Christine said...

Cute dicky and Great smiles, love the first one.

Lisca said...

Great that you got your watercolours out. And you did a good job too.
Oh that crpet was not a good choice, however much it might have been in fashion. You don't realize how lethal it is until you buy it and use it.
There still are hat shops like that and my late husband Graham used to love shops like that and would always be tempted to buy a hat there as they have all sizes and he had a particularly small head.
Enjoy your weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Ash said...

What a cute duck! Beautiful work!
Those memes made me giggle :)

Ash @ Essentially Ash
Want to follow me on Bookstagram, booktok, add my snapchat or check out my photography?

Anonymous said...

Ohhh your duck art is so cute. I also Love the deaf story. Thank you for joining FFO and a have the best weekend.

DVArtist said...

The above comment is from me. LOL

Amypie71 said...

If you googl the 2 official languages of New Zealand, sign language comes up as one of them.

Gillena Cox said...

Luv the tomato funny
Happy New Year
Thanks for linking to 'Art For FunFriday' today

Much♡love

Iris Flavia said...

LOL, yes, the first few...!

Iris Flavia said...

Luckily not!

Iris Flavia said...

Most had these two days off here...

Iris Flavia said...

I trade a "u" for an "i" ;-)

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, I hope to start getting creative ans sporty again.
Ingo bought me a children´s hat. It flew off at the first wind and Ingo had to sew it smaller.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you :-) Oh, aren´t you at blogger?

Iris Flavia said...

Blogger is having the fits again, huh? Duck says thank you and to a great weekend, dear host!

Iris Flavia said...

Now that is ineteresting with the sign language!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you for hosting and to a great 2025!

Annie said...

I’m very late visiting today because it’s been hectic here making memories with the boys all day. I loved the story about the wedding and the tomatoes really made me chuckle.
Hugs,
Annie x

Bill said...

Lots of funnies today, thanks Iris.

magiceye said...

Interesting post.

Anonymous said...

Your memes are funny. A few made me laugh aloud. Happy New Year (again)!

Iris Flavia said...

I never thought the tomato would be such a hit! Happy new yeaar!

Iris Flavia said...

Memry time is much more important, I think! :-)
These tomatoes seem to be big for chuckles Hugs x

Iris Flavia said...

You´re welcome Bill, it´s thanks to Annie´s!

Iris Flavia said...

Supposed to be a fun one!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Iris, sorry I'm so late we've been travelling. We're in France now. I smiled at your comment about Alfie he does get into some strange positions. The story about the girl wanting to be friends with the deaf boy, what a brilliant ending. Take care and have a good weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, France! Enjoy big!!!My friend´s cat has positions like Alfie, too.
Hope your weather is like you want it xXx

Iris Flavia said...

Gladyou likedthem, happy, funny New Year!

Granny Sue said...

Fun series! Last week was do confusing, it kept seeming like the weekend all week long!
Hats. When I was a girl men still wore the nice hats, and women wore hats for church and special occasions. These days beanies and ball caps are about all we see.