Today for a change I join Rain´s Thursday Art and Dinner Date with "Snowy Creatures".
"Die Maus" feeds fat balls to the birds, the snowman of course got soft-ice last Sunday.
And for the dinner: Ingo came home Friday with a whole bunch of... tadaaaaa: Green peppers!
For some reason the last years you only got yellow, red and orange. Too sweet for this dish, actually.
Even our checkout-woman mentioned they have green peppers!
So, we in addition bought yellow and red peppers, 2 sorts of mushrooms and a piece of cheese and sat some whopping 2 hours cutting it all finely down, grating the cheese.
Rice got cooked, broth at hand.
Half the green peppers, remove the seeds and the white flesh, these halves get the filling.
Then, you steam the small pepper-pieces in clarified butter till bite-proof, add broth,...
...add the mushrooms.
Spices used: a wee bit salt, then pepper, paprika rosy hot and curry.. Spice a lot because you then add the cooked rice. Eventually add more broth and let simmer for a while till the peppers are tender, then put in the grated cheese - mix very, very well and then you gotta be superquick.
Turn off the heat and fill the green halves with this mass - be super-careful - the cheese is HOT!
Wonder about the Pirate-flag?
Here is a close-up:
You have to be very careful cutting them - this one got a little rip and needed to be squeezed tight.
Then in the microwave at 600W for ca. 3 minutes or in the oven at 160C / 360F for about 30 minutes - the green should still be bite-proof.
I was just about getting up to ask Ingo about the temps and time when he came in, telling me he´s already looking forward to having some tonight 😍
Ingo came up with this recipe ages ago when I was studying.
He was bored of the traditional filled peppers with tomato and minced meat.
And these are to die for! Absolutely worth the time spent!
Ingo did not stop here:
I would never ever "ruin" a meal with something sweet, in this case pudding, as we had milk that needed to go..
Merry Christmas? Why, yes!












25 comments:
Your meal sounds delicious wow that took a very very long time for your Christmas card to arrive I mailed all the international cards really early I was hoping you would get your birthday card in time-thinking not now.
Today I hope to get a good path through the ice and snow up the hill and get my car back from the shop finally tomorrow before the next arctic blast arrives. this has been a very difficult winter here so far ugh hugs from the lake
I love your art too-hugs
Yes, it was quite a surprise!! It gave me a great smile for sure, even bigger as if it´d arrived punctual :-) Fingers crossed your way is finally free for your car, that took forever also! Sorry you have such a tough winter! Here it´s rather mild weather. Big, warming hugs to you and the lake....
Peppers are my favorite veg. In the summer I like them cold, halved and filled with tuna or egg salad -- or just plain and sliced as a snack anytime. This looks like a wonderful dish. And your drawing of Maus and Snowman makes me smile big!
...I love stuffed peppers!
I like them raw, too, but this really is a treat! Die Maus runs every Sunday, I watched it all my life (maybe a break as a teenager).
Who does not :-)
That sounds really good. There are always lots of green peppers available here, Iris.
Yes, we used to always have the green ones, just I think since COVID there was a pause...?
This looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipes. Being in the dumpster rental industry, I go into a lot of peoples homes and see a lot of different foods. I genuinely haven't seen some of these. I'm excited to try them. Thanks for the idea!
Yum we love using peppers or capsicum as we call the in our cooking. I have chinese ancestry so my youngest son and and I add peppers to most of our meals and chilli.
I am not a big fan of peppers, and will only eat them cooked. But I grow lots of them! Go figure. I think I will try your recipe for stuffed peppers, it sounds delicious---and the peppers are cooked!
Green peppers are my favourite, they have taste compared to the other ones.
You´re welcome! Enjoy :-)
We call them Paprika, btw. and chilli I like, too.
Exactly!
That looks delicious. The pirate flag adds to the overall presentation!
The pirate (as the recipe) were Ingo´s ideas.
Yummy food and nice art!
The peppers look delicious, but I'm not going to all that trouble for just me. I'll just chop them up and add to a salad. I would like the vanilla/chocolate pudding though.
I love walking past bakeries and breathing in all the yummy smells.
Thank you, it is yummy indeed!
Why not make it and bring to the family? After all: Cheese is life!
I have family in six separate places around Adelaide and in the hills areas, plus they all do their own cooking.
A big YUM from me :)
All the best Jan
Sounds spicy.
Post a Comment