Thursday, January 09, 2025

I Have A Useful Lesson For You

 
 
Warning: Don´t drink coffee or anything whilst reading this - you might spill it over your screen.
 
 From FB´s Group "Damn, That's Interesting ·
 
THIS IS A KEEPER!
 
It happened at a New York Airport. This is hilarious. I wish I had the guts of this girl. An award should go to the United Airlines gate agent in New York for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo.
 
For all of you out there who have had to deal with an irate customer, this one is for you.

A crowded United Airlines flight was canceled. A single agent was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travelers.—  feeling crazy.

Suddenly, an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be FIRST CLASS."

The agent replied, "I'm sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these folks first; and then I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."

The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"

Without hesitating, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address microphone. 
 
"May I have your attention, please?", she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. 
"We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him with his identity, please come to Gate 14".

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the United Airlines agent, gritted his teeth, and said, "F*** You!"

Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry sir, you'll have to get in line for that, too."

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
 
I could imagine this even is a real story! 
 
The Series:
 
"This is how we shopped in the 20th century 
 

 
 1924
 
A woman behind the wheel of a convertible, watched by her husband and a car salesman, hoping to close the deal."
 

Henry 🦁 


Do you know who you are?



25 comments:

RedPat said...

The whole experience of flying is a horror story.
I like this story though, Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

This was more about how cool she put that rude guy down - wish I was that quick and brave...

Iris Flavia said...

Aw, well, with all the entertainment on board it is quite OK. Minus the process to get on board at all..

Christine said...

Good story!

Iris Flavia said...

Yep!

CJ Kennedy said...

🤣 I wish I could think that fast on my feet.

Bertiebo said...

What a witty story

Barbara Rogers said...

A great story, laughed the first time, and this time! Good for her (or whoever thought this up!) And I loved Henry's look today! Cheers!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, right!!

Iris Flavia said...

She stayed polite ;-)

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wow, I think I would have lost it. Kudos to the United employee. Not only did she keep her cool, but she kept her sense of humor!

Jeanie said...

I hope that really happened!

DVArtist said...

Oh she is brilliant! I love her.

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great story. I do hope that really happened. hugs-Erika

peppylady (Dora) said...

I feel sorry for those who works for airlines.

River said...

I've heard that one before and it is still very funny! That man got what he deserved.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, I thought worth sharing! Henry says thank you!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, I´d rather lost it, also!!! If true she politely hurt that idiot.

Iris Flavia said...

So yes!

Iris Flavia said...

Right? Wish I was that cool and quick!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, I hope so, too, and in any case, now we know how to handle those idiots, right? Hugs to that!

Iris Flavia said...

Well, she did a fun job!

Iris Flavia said...

Yep, send him into the cargo-area! Wish I was that clever and quick!

Bill said...

Good for her, obviously the guy was a hole.

Iris Flavia said...

YES. And she... I think he was much smaller stepping back in line... wish I was that smart and quick - and still "polite!