Tuesday, January 28, 2025

T STands For Full Week


My Rexi for cold drinks - I cannot drink anything hot from a metal cup.
So, Rexi and I join Elizabeth´s T.
And here is my other Rexi, my...

 
Wanna rap along, go visit Tom! It´s FUN.

The journal:
 

Monday: Plan: start with the walking pad again. Just... where is the remote???
I looked everywhere and whilst doing so made a cleanup. I was desperate! Without the remote the pad is useless!!!
Hung on the hook of my PC-table...
At least living room is ready for mopping and I threw some things out.
More bad news from my company. I can´t believe what´s happening, CEO leaves. 

Neighbor´s star is STILL shining. I try not to feel important, but... is this for me? 
(I left a note thanking him/her). 🥰 ✨
 

Tuesday: Called the job-center. Letter with password went out Friday, 1p.m. - from Nürnberg, will take a while. No, they can not give me the e-mail-address of Mrs N in Braunschweig, but I can give them the e-mail as paper-letter and they will give that to her.
Service-desert Germany or... chicanery? Logic?
 Late brekkie: Ingo´s yogurt.  Best before Dec 10th 2024. Aw, well.
Clean-up part I.
Star morno and evening. 🥰 ✨
 
 
Wednesday: Thought the Star is gone, buhuu. No, the person just slept in 🥰 ✨
Got the Eski  out to hold our frozen food and defrosted the freezer (took forever), cleaned the kitchen and toilet tiles  - whilst doing that. Hard work, really - the pre-owners´d hired the cheapest company, all tiles are uneven.
Found out we have "tons" of frozen horse-sausages.
 

We took the one from 1995 and this one home from our journeys throughout Australia. Packed with books and tools you didn´t get here - this was pre amazon & co! 


Thursday: 🥰 ✨ Every time I come into the living room when it´s dark outside I SMILE BIG.
My.back.hurts from all the cleaning.
Swiffer is good when you do this once a week, not every now and then...
Do you clean on a weekly basis? My T does, I am too lazy.
Puttering about, several books go to the uni / friends, some mugs go away...
Eek, started already Lucifer´s Season 2!
Tom Ellis (Lucifer) really is Welsh born!
 

Morning, went to the doc for a blood-test, still had my beanie on. A nurse rushed by, "Good Morning!" - then he stopped, turned around, gave me a huge smile and exclaimed, "cute beanie!". Is there a better start to the day?
The nurse who took my blood, "What did you do THERE?!!!" - the scar is over 20 years old...
And Ingo? "Wanna share a Pizza?" (huh? Actually he does not like Pizza).

And I wonder. Yesterday in Aschaffenburg an Afghan refugee ran into a kindy-group, stabbed a 2-year old to death (and one of the carers). The 2-year-old Jannes wanted to become a police-officer.
Huh? Did you know at age two what you wanna be when you´re an adult?
And yes, remember former "chancellor" Merkel saying "all refugees welcome".
Near to no women and kids came, but men... the women and kids stayed in the war zone and Merkel never ever even thought about it..
 

 

Weekend: Saturday: 🥰 ✨Ingo let the old tradition live up - Saturday = horse-sausages day. Yum. And because the smell is real bad he used the outside gas.thingy.
 

 
Later he made Boef Stroganoff. (YUM)
I asked him to open the balcony door for me so I can put the rest for keeping cool on the balcony-table. Whilst I focused on the table in the dark, Ingo quietly said, "say thank you!". Huh? For opening the door???

Guess what, I shouted!
Our star-neighbor was having a smoke - and shouted back he´ll keep it on two more weeks!!
Coincidences!!!
By myself... well, likely I would´ve looked up anyways.
 

Sunday: Löwenzahn, Die Maus, Fairy Tale, slow day.                      

Munchy:
 


Just the cheese, nothing else needed! YUM.

The new series:
 
"The tastiest dishes with the funniest names
 

 Toad-in-the-Hole
 
The name may evoke toads, but not a single amphibian was harmed in the preparation of this classic British dish. Instead, it consists of sausages nestled in a fluffy Yorkshire pudding."
 
Happy T-Day!



31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like some good eats there Iris. Nice that Ingo enjoys cooking. I always enjoy your journal pages Nice mugs too
hugs from the lake Kathy

Tom said...

...we have been a bit lacks in the cleaning department lately. We need to get things in order. Thanks for the reminder.

My name is Erika. said...

I like your T Rex mugs. I have one I bought last year at this time after going on the scary T Rex roller coaster at Universal Studios. And your journal always makes me smile. Now that I feel better it is back to cleaning for me. At least until I don't want to clean any more. :) I hope you have a great T day Iris. Or are having one. hugs-Erika

magiceye said...

Love your journaling as always!

Christine said...

Water in a cute mug works! Wow on the CEO being gone.

Mae Travels said...

It’s been ages since we had beef stroganoff… maybe i should make some. Or maybe sour cream sauce for some meatballs I bought yesterday. I hope you have good luck with the job situation… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, Ingo cooks often - before I learned cooling a couple of years ago it was always Ingo who did the cooking! Thank you, Kathy, the journal helps me when the days just blur by! Hugs to you and the lake!

Iris Flavia said...

Well I´m done for a while now :-)

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, the Rexis are cute! And the journal keeps me sane. Sadly not such a good day - three+ hours at the doc. But glad we have docs, right - hugs to that...

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you :-)

Iris Flavia said...

Yes to both!!! The rats are go when the ship is sinking...

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, we didn´t have that dish in a loooong while.Was so yummy.
Well, hopefully tomorrow I learn if I get that training!

RedPat said...

I'm sure that I don't clean enough and you are right about Swifters, Iris.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love both your T (and Tea) Rex mugs. Perfect for T Day.

I cleaned my kitchen yesterday. I mopped it with one hand. Took forever, but I was tired of seeing a dirty floor. Cleaned my counter, too. I know what you mean by feeling satisfied with a job well done, Iris.

I hope you get the training. And I hope all goes well in the job seeking department, too.

Thanks for sharing your mugs, meals, and calendar with us for T this Tuesday, dear.

Iris Flavia said...

At least I am not the only one!...

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, I hate cleaning but it looks good once done. Couple days later...
If I get the training and the certificate, I have the guarantee I get my job back!

Jeanie said...

I like the star! That not sharing email thing is a common thing here too -- you can send to a general number or however and it's forwarded. Clunky, but maybe safer. I'm with you on the cleaning! And the stroganoff sounds really good!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, the star is out ever since - it took me 14 years to say thank you!!! Do I feel bad! On the other hand I was the only one who did this!
I learned via their portal I can get messages to my contact.
Nice to learn I´m really not alone with the cleaning issue! The stroganoff was ... yum!

Carola Bartz said...

Putzen gehört zu den Tätigkeiten, die am wenigsten gern mache. Ich halte die Küche sauber, weil das wichtig ist, und auch das Bad, aber die Zimmer - das bin ich etwas großzügiger. Mein Mann hat vor einiger Zeit einen von diesen Roboterstaubsaugern erstanden und den lassen wir nachts durch's Haus wandern. Zumindest könnten wir vom Fußboden esse, wenn wir denn wollten.
Meine Tochter hat so einen Stern in ihrer Wohnung (sogar zwei) und bei ihr sind sie das ganze Jahr über an. Dafür sind unsere "winter lights" (also die bunten Lichter an unserem Haus) mindesten bis Valentinstag, eher aber bis zum Beginn der Sommerzeit an. Eine gute Woche für dich! - Carola

Bill said...

I don't know anyone who likes to clean.

Iris Flavia said...

So ein Roboter wär schon was Feines, aber ich glaube, dafür steht zu viel rum.
Das finde ich toll, dass ihr die Weihnachtsdeko so lange / immer lasst!
Danke, dir ebenso eine schöne Woche.

Lisca said...

I like your Tea-Rex mug, but I like the train in the background even more!
What's a walking pad? It's good that it got you to tidy and clean up. I tidy up every week as my cleaner comes to do the cleaning, so I want the place to be tidy. She comes Wednesdays (i.e. tomorrow), so tomorrow morning I shall be busy putting clothes away and making my bed, dishes in the dishwasher etc.
You mention your Swiffer. I bought one in the Netherlands (can't get them here) but I'm not using it much here as I have tiles and I seem to just push the dust and dirt into the seams between the tiles.
Don't worry about yoghurt being out of date. If it is natural yoghurt (I mean with live lactic ferments) it won't 'go off' so quickly. Milk goes sour but yoghurt is already sour.
The storm has died down, so I will sleep better tonight.
Good that you defrosted the freezer. Another big job done! Well done. You can accelerate the defrosting of the freezer by placing bowls of hot water inside (after you have taken out the food of course).
Are horse sausages made of horse meat? They don't sell horse meat here, but in italy they did, also in Holland when I was young. I love a horse steak. BBQ-ed sausages are the best! Did Ingo make that Toad-in-the-hole? I haven't made that for a long time. I think next week, I'll make it again. Thank you for the suggestion.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Sharon Madson said...

Fun journialing, Iris. To answer your question, no I do not clean once a week, more like when I can't stand it any longer. LOL Happy T Day.

The Padre said...

Not Only Was I Clueless At The Age Of Two But I Still Don't Have A Plan For When I Grow up

Big Hugs ,
Cheers

River said...

My comments are disappearing again. Silly blogger.

Iris Flavia said...

The trains are in the corner now, as I had to give back all the hardware...
Well, I am the cleaner and the dishwasher, too... Yes, the yoghurt was OK - I always go with eyes, smell and taste and so far nothing happened.
Oh, yes, I had the freezer full of hot water mugs!
Yes, it is horse meat, very yummy - in Italy I saw babyfood, Cavallo. I was tempted to buy for the wee one, but my SIL would´ve killed me...
No, the series is from msn, I just show you what weird stuff I find. If a good one comes along, I might try it, though!
Happy day to you!

Iris Flavia said...

OK, we´re the same then, about the cleaning ;-)

Iris Flavia said...

I haven´t grown up by 40 so now I don´t have to, says a sign hanging by the window!
Yes, it was just dramatizing with the 2-year-old. Sadly people fall for this... cheers for not!

Iris Flavia said...

Aw, I am SO sorry! I always copy the text for in case...

Iris Flavia said...

And off your comment is again. (it was back! My answer is gone, too...)

CJ Kennedy said...

Busy but fun week. I should clean more often and keep telling myself if I did, it wouldn't take ages to clean. I'd rather play art things. or blog. Yay for the star neighbor. Toad in the hole. I know that as a piece of bread with a hole in the middle (I used you eat the bread hole), put the bread in a fry pan. Break an egg in the hole and fry over easy or sunny side up. Love the reaction your sock monkey hat gets. So sad about the 2 yr old and teacher. The world is going to Hell in a handbasket.