Tuesday, January 07, 2025

T STands For New STarT

 

 
A new drink with which I join Elizabeth´s  T - it fits to the wall were I type right now.
 
Surprise:


... at Penny Dreadful - crazy, huh? Same thing!

With that happy first T of the year:


The journal:



Monday: Nothing special... A time out from "work".
 
Tuesday: 08:00 p.m. BOOOM  So Happy New Year? Are these neighbors dumb????
I´d understand a bit for the kids but nooo... Went to bed early and really, thanks ear protection, slept through the fireworks. And, unlike Berlin, there was just little rubbish left in our street.
Lazy. Grey.Cold. Brrrr....... Sleep in!
What a sucking start into the New Year.... 
 
Wednesday: Lazing around, DVDs...
 

Thursday: Grey.Cold. Brrrr... (I keep repeating myself, huh).
Ingo called Bro´s shop - P was on - and wanted to talk to me. Come summer she´ll come to Braunschweig for a cuppa! Yippeeee....
 
See. She took care of my Mom with "women-stuff" Mom didn´t want me to ask about.
She went out for snacks with Mom (Dad´d died 9 years prior, I live in Braunschweig).
P should be retired but... Bro needs her, so... It was great to chat and wish a wonderful New Year in person (if via phone)!
Called Bro. Fun chat.
There are so many good people in  my life, I am very thankful.
 
Finally indeed such a shiny thing in the sky, a blue-ish sky even but oh so darn cold. And windy.
Got my interim report and the dude forgot the biggest part, the translation. ???  Must show to Ingo, there are some interpretations possible.But as it´s signed by two very nice people, (amongst mM who hugged me) I think it´s a good one. fK said it´s a good one.
 
Watched Going in Style and sure tears were running.
 
 

Friday: Fat, fat snowflakes :-(
At least it didn´t stay and Ingo made it home safely from my Brother´s place. 
Though later I had a very slippery march to the pharmacy for Ingo.
The receptionist smiled big at me, "I LOVE your hat!" - See I make people smile even on such a nasty day. 
 

Weekend: Saturday: Ingo "repaired the Internet" and cooked soup - the one I absolutely don´t like, gladly I felt sick and  ate nothing.
Penny Dreadful-mararathon.
Sunday: Die Maus, Fairy Tale about salt and love, Criminal intent and American Footy.
The new journal is cheap, thin pages and somehow... it was no sketching day...
At least the scanner is clever and does not show reality (the sketches shine through!).

Munchy:

 
Ingo served me this at my private PC.
 
The Series:
 
"This is how we shopped in the 20th century
 
 
1923
 
At the height of his fame, the English professional cricketer Jack Hobbs (1882-1963) opened a cricket bat shop that became a real hit with the public. In the picture you can see men handling the bats."
 





34 comments:

Bertiebo said...

I find that green drink very attractive

Iris Flavia said...

It´s rather sweet...

River said...

I like the drink dispenser. I have zero interest in cricket. Toast with camembert and jam sounds very fine.

Iris Flavia said...

It´s actually for Absinth, hence the green color.
Is there a sport more boring than cricket?

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous pages, I'm glad you had a lazy day and we had big fat snowflakes this weekend too! It was so pretty but I was glad we didn't have to go out in it 😊. Wishing you a Happy T Day ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

Empire of the Cat said...

Love your journal as always Iris, I wish I had time but I don't, I haven't done any art at all this year so far!!! How are you enjoying Penny Dreadful. I have it on DVD as it is a favourite of mine, I did like the first season best though. Happy New Year and happy T day!

RedPat said...

It sounds like a positive week, Iris.

Tom said...

...I only know cricket as an insect! Be warm and well, Iris.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Love your drink and drink dispenser. How clever.

Your calendar pages are always fun. My 2024 planner was thin like that, but it was too big for the scanner. Thanks for sharing your drink and dispenser, your calendar, and your food with us for T this Tuesday, dear Iris.

Christine said...

Happy T, nice drink

Mae Travels said...

Absinthe was always overrated, I suspect. Cheese and jam is always good, though.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Carola Bartz said...

"a cricket bat shop that became a real hit" - das brachte mich zum lachen. Schade, dass das Wetter nicht so toll ist, ich hoffe, du findest trotzdem deine eigene Sonne, die nicht aufhört zu scheinen. Während wir über die Feiertage in Utah waren, war es auch saukalt, und an einem Abend war es auch noch ekelig windig und dadurch fühlte es sich an wie -20C, etwas was wir dort öfter erlebt haben. Nicht wirklich eine Temperatur zum wohlfühlen. Toast, Camembert und Marmelade gefallen mir auch, und ich bin die einzige bei uns, die "Stinkekäse" isst. Der Elefant ist 50? Mann, wie die Zeit vergeht!
Alles Gute für dich für 2025!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, yes, some really lazy days. Hope your snow went away, too! Hugs!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, hope you find creativity-time soon - to be honest I liked season one best, too. Yes, I have it on DVD, so, so I can watch in the original Happy T-day and a happy New Year to you, too,

Iris Flavia said...

A lazy one, RedPat ;-)

Iris Flavia said...

Well said, Tom, LOL!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, dear Elizabeth - what if you scan yours in halves? And then merge with some program?
I have Arcsoft PhotoStudio, old but for free.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, Ingo always comes up with new stuff...

Iris Flavia said...

Yepp I agree with both!

Iris Flavia said...

Na, wenigstens waren es nicht -20C - obwohl, vor ein paar Jahre hatten wir wohl nachts gar -22 und die Züge waren festgefroren - erzählte der Seminarleiter, ich habe das irgendwie "verdrängt" ;-)
Ich sage mal Utah ist bestimmt schöner als Wohnzimmer! Ja den Limbourger, richtig? Oh, den haben wir lange nicht gegessen, gute Idee! Ja, die Maus ist sogar ein Jahr älter als ich... Dir auch Alles Gute für dieses Jahr!

CJ Kennedy said...

I hope you're feeling better. Stay warm!

Bill said...

I don't understand cricket therefore have no interest in it. Stay warm, we are having a cold spell with freezing rain. :(

Iris Flavia said...

I´m good, thank you and I have my warmie-tiger duck (2C here).....

Iris Flavia said...

I have no idea of cricket, either, just think it must be very boring - yuck, you stay warm, too, 2C here...

My name is Erika. said...

That green drink is very pretty. Is it absinthe? And was it tasty? Your taste, Camembert and jam sounds delicious. Not sure about fat snowflakes. I love your drawing but to me they mean fast accumulating snow. We have none right now, and I suppose we need some, but that means shoveling. Ugh. I hope you had a super T day. I was very busy all day so I'm late getting by. hugs-Erika

magiceye said...

The toast with camembert and jam - yummy

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, it is absinthe and too sweet for me... the Camembert was better ;-)
Glad we have a janitor to take care of IF we get snow! I fought the taxes all day yesterday and hope to finish today - reckon your T-Day was better... hugs to that

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, was good!

Lisca said...

That green drink (looks like absinthe the way it's presented) is very pretty.
Sounds like you had a nice holiday.. Who is P? Your sister or sister-in-law?
I'm not keen on Camembert. I happened to have a tub of Camenbert cream cheese in the fridge and I gave it to Dian, my neighbour, this afternoon. I exchanged it for a pack of coloured pasta, which she didn't like.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Sharon Madson said...

We have been eating soups lately. But, we both like what we fix. Sorry you weren't feeling well. You are so good about keeping your journal. I just can't stay with it. I really should, because I can't remember what I did yesterday! LOL Happy belated t day.

Granny Sue said...

The green drink looks inviting, and I love the dispenser. Clever!
Lazy days are good. Sometimes we all need a slowdown. I am getting a bit of one, staying in while we have so much snow.
Cricket is a mystery to me.

Iris Flavia said...

It is absinthe ... too sweet...
P is my Brother´s employee, she is a very, very sweet woman and I so look forward to meet her!
She helped my Mom so much and every time I visit I get a BIG hug.
Fun food-sharing there! Sorry for answering late, blogger keeps secrets from me! Hugs

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, I´d be LOST without it" Why not join me?

Iris Flavia said...

Eeek to snow.. - and cricket.... I´d nap away in an instant. It´s not popular in Germany, thankfully ;-)