Wednesday, January 22, 2025

Tipp Of The Day

 
Stupid I manage anyways.

This is for Tom´s signs2. Taken in Perth.

And as our host let us know:
TODAY IS NATIONAL POLKA DOT DAY.
Also here in Germany...  



 
The Series:
 
"This is how we shopped in the 20th century 
 

 1956
 
Entering purchases at a supermarket checkout. Some of the goods look familiar, don't they?"
 
In the 80´s at  ALDI  it was still the same. I admire that -the cash-out-women (there were no men) knew all articles by price! Not all had the price printed on, if I remember correct.

Henry's 🦁 alter ego, the Black Swan  🐣:

 

 To doing stupid things -no matter how fast 😉



 

19 comments:

Bettie said...

I was not aware of a polka dot day, but I love it. Next year I'll celebrate the day

Iris Flavia said...

Without Tom I didn´t knew, either! It´s still early - celebrate :-)

magiceye said...

Polka date day sounds so cute.

Tom said...

...yes Iris, they made Polka Dot especially for you! Enjoy your day.

nwilliams6 said...

I have missed your fun posts. Love the polka dots and the vintage shopping picture (wonder what it will look like in another 60 years - probably just a drone or robot dropping stuff off). Hugz

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, they are cute!

Iris Flavia said...

That is a nice thought, Tom!

Iris Flavia said...

Welcome back, I´d say. Oh, what a cold future will that be... I hope we still have fun in ... "the future", hugz

RedPat said...

I heard about polka dot day on the radio this morning and thought of you, Iris. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love herbal tea every day!

Anonymous said...

Gigi hawaii

Iris Flavia said...

RedPat, I´m very predictable, huh?

Iris Flavia said...

I like all sorts of tea apart from fruit-tea, my stomach flips to that.

Christine said...

Love polka dots

Iris Flavia said...

Yes!

Amypie71 said...

I really like those old vintage signs, some of them are quite funny.

Iris Flavia said...

Never getting "old".

River said...

I like all the polka dots! Australia didn't have supermarkets in 1956, they came much later. probably it was easy enough to learn the prices of goods if the store stocked only certain brands in certain sizes and didn't change the prices every week like they do now.

William Kendall said...

Tea for me, not coffee.