Ingo started as a TV-technician and hence has no problems to read this in a sec.
This was a sign in a pub in Perth.
I hope to hear news tomorrow if I can do a 12-months-training in 3. I´m scared already.
And I am I glad I don´t live in Berlin. 5 dead, a whole street destroyed by firecrackers, even in 5th floor windows bursted....
330 arrests, 13 injured emergency helpers, a Syrian killed a man with a knife.
Thank you Braunschweig - we even slept through the fireworks! We are NOT in the news.
How did you spent New Year´s Eve?
This is for Tom´s Signs2.
Vaccines
In the 20th century, vaccinations were responsible for so many public health successes: from eradicating polio to protecting against chickenpox. So you might think that the history of vaccines begins in the 20th century. However, Edward Jenner is credited with developing the first vaccine in 1796. The vaccine was developed to combat cowpox, but was also effective against smallpox. Later, a real smallpox vaccine was developed, and today we live in a world with fewer infectious diseases and better health care, no matter what any anti-vaxxer's Facebook page has to say about it."
A good start to the new year, don´t you think? To useful vaccinations!
Henry 🦁 and his four siblings stand for ... just a great new year today:







25 comments:
That scene from Berlin is a terrible was to start the new year. What is happening? And 12 months. But I love all the Henry faces. And vaccines are amazing science. Got to love that science. I hope you have a wonderful January 1 Iris. hugs-Erika
Happy 2025 to you! Oh dear, my granddaughter will be going to Berlin as a "study abroad" student soon. But perhaps the craziness is just from the holiday. Perhaps!
...Iris, don't let fear control you, be fearless like Henry!!!
Happy New Year, Iris. I hope that it is a better one.
Happy New Year to you and Ingo!
Berlin- oh no!
We had a quiet new year, I'm glad to say. Safe, here. But elsewhere, not so much. So sorry to hear about Berlin. Happy New Year, Iris!
Happy New Year to you and Ingo. Sad news to hear in New Orleans, Louisiana today, too. My celebration was uneventful and this year, Quill didn't barf on my bed because I was staying up late and he wanted to go to bed. 😺
OMG I hadn't heard about the news in Berlin until now! Our news was filled with New Orleans tragedy today.
I hate fireworks, always have since I was small.
Hope the new year brings you lots of happiness and good health.
A disastrous beginning to 2025!
Yes, so happy we live in Braunschweig!!! City of Science 2007 btw :-) Hugs!
Oh, your Granddaughter should always be aware of what´s going on, always be careful.... and also have fun!
Tom, in Braunschweig we are pretty safe - I was just shocked about those news! I never liked Berlin anyways. Too crowded...
The same to you - oh, I think the last wasn´t too bad!
Thank you the same to you and David!
Sad, huh.
It´s a crazy world, but let´s make the best out of it - to a great New Year!
Sad to hear more bad news but the barfing sure made me laugh. To a Happy New Year! With no barfs...
Yes to all that!!!!
I wish the very same to you, Bill!
A sad one. Here all was peaceful.
I am in favour of vaccines and all my children and grandchildren are all vaccinated when necessary. I can read reverse writing easily too and sometimes upside down writing. I spent me New Years Eve watching a new series called Landman, all about the oil drilling companies and the crews that do the work. A bit rough and violent so I think not for you.
I so agree about the necessary! So many are not, not proofed enough. I remember all the signs put up in the city explaining about long-term-Covid side effects from some vaccines.
I worked from home, wore a mask when outside and washed my hands - I never had Covid, neither did Ingo who tested himself every day (he needs to drive to work.
Many of his colleagues who got the vaccine were sick over and over again. One - aged only 56 - rececently died of it.
Too violent for me? Hmmm, then it must be REALLY... huhhh. I can see anything but burnings. So bad so I always have to interrupt my W when he again starts with WWII and the burnings....
P.S. it takes me forever to read in the "wrong direction"!
Post a Comment