Saturday, December 05, 2015
Truffle King
Time so runs! Pic taken Thursday after I´ve been to the doc and the company!
The Christmas-market had just opened up - see that fish on the stand (and Henry to the left)? "Flammlachs" obviously means "flamed salmon", nothing I would want - I have to mention, Ingo was not with me and yes, I went to the city by foot twice in one day. 32 509 steps the fitbit let me know come evening.
Just visit us, huh?
Backfisch - look that up in the dictionary, it gives you "teenage girl" - now... "hot"?! No.
Backfisch is fried fish like in "fish and chips"! Really - What did you think of us - we´re not freaks!
You can still come over and visit ...
The city even makes you feel like living in the middle ages this time:
So much cute (un-xmas-sy) stuff!
Put your rubbish in here, huh?
Abfall - rubbish.
Ab = off, fall = to fall. Easy, huh?
And "Bratwurst" is nearly English, too, no? Saw it many times in Perth. Esp with the word "German" in front ;-)
Have to get back!
The title, huh?
I went to my new love, Thalia - they are way more structured than Graff, aka way more dangerous for me.
R advised me to get a basics cooking book, which I did not find (but heaps others! Did I mention "dangerous"?).
But, bummer, huh?
We´re still in good ole Germany!!!
By the time I was done and packed - and without fuss down the glassy escalators (! YAY !), the Christmas-market was full to the brim!
And.. I found a truffle-stand! I - after waiting some 8 minutes in despair - found Buon Gusto´s Trüffle-hut-owner - so un-Italian Claude who talked to me in the "un-official" way, saying "du".
We found out his real shop is that near I can walk there (fun, plain fun! You know Celler street? - Conrad? yupp! Further on - Opel? Yupp! I knew what he was talking about! I was so not lost!!!)
He shows what you can cook with Trüffle here, advised me to buy rather fresh than in the glas. I sure will see him again, sorry, Ingo!
Awww, and... with the oil he presented me with a lille Italian guy, too!
The lille Elk had that cake to the right in his belly. And - belly, huh. See that enourmous belly-button?
All things "handicapped" somehow end up here with me (don´t ask about Ingo!).
More to come on that...
See that book? Sadly translated to German, but.... we´ll visit the author, right? Next time we´ll be in Perth, remember?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











4 comments:
Headed downtown myself in a few minutes.
Enjoy - and take pics, please?
Your post always (unless it's a sad one) make me happy Iris :)I saw a good recipe using truffles the other day, I cant' remember it exactly but it looked delish :) I do remember you commenting on the German Bratwurst 'situation' in Perth :)Hope you guys are having a super weekend.
Thank you, Grace, glad to mostly make you happy, too :-)
Can´t wait to cook with Truffle, only need to find a receipe!
Post a Comment