Saturday, May 04, 2024

Is That A ...

 
A last time I take you to Caversham Wildlife Park.
Yes, there are even roos in there ;-)
This lady, too,  has a ...
 

 A cute Joey. It was a hot day, they were all lazing around.
 
With these four I join...
 

 ... Eileen.
 
Henry's 🦁  alter Perth-ego,the Black Swan 🐣:
 

 Rather cold here, I miss Perth!
And here is another short history-lesson.



 

19 comments:

Sami said...

The roos weren't too keen on coming out of the shade that day 😀 and they didn't want to eat any more either...

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Iris

I would be like the kangaroos, looking for a cool spot in the shade.
Is a white joey normal? They are cute. I like the Black Swan with the baby.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Iris Flavia said...

Sami, I had the same problem there in 2013! Sadly you and Grace had different things to do that day, but then... we repeated just the same, LOL 😂
Just the part with the Koalas was MUCH better!!!!

____

Eileen, no idea about the Joeys... Sorry! On the road on our travels "back then" (1995, 1999) we saw only adult roos hopping by. I once saw one that was out of the pouch already and was brownish like the Mom.
With memories of the hot weather (cold here) - to a great weekend!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Haha, love the black swan caption!

Tom said...

...I have never seen a kangaroo, thanks Iris.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Iris :=)
Cute captions and cute juniors. I have never seen a kangaroo Iris, even in a Zoo, so many thanks for sharing your photos.
All the best
Sonjia.

Iris Flavia said...

Shiju Sugunan - that is but from the internet....

____

Tom, their fur is like a dog´s. None tried to bite me so far though ;-)
(Dogs did).

____

Sonjia, not even in a zoo? They are mostly very friendly animals.
At least in the heat! ;-)

RedPat said...

The little one must have been quite hot in the pouch, Iris. No wonder it was hanging outside a bit.

magiceye said...

The roos cooling it after a hop skip and jump!

gigi-hawaii said...

Haha. I thought it was giving birth.

Anonymous said...

Nice Roo -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

Oh, a new boomer to pull Santa's sleigh when he(maybe she) is bigger. 🎵🎶Six white boomers. Snow white boomers racing Santa Claus through the blazing sun. Six white boomers, snow white boomers on his Australian run...🎶🎵

Iris Flavia said...

RedPat, LOL!!!! Yes, it was the hottest summer since recording!

____

magiceye, us visitors feed them constantly, they can just enjoy (or stand the heat).

____

gigi, they are born the size of a bean ;-) Practical and less painful, huh?

_____

Christine, yes, they are friendly animals.
____

CJ, in my Christmas-Perth book it´s still traditional, but I will keep that in mind, thank you!!!!!

Amypie71 said...

I've only ever seen them in a zoo but apparently there are wallabies in certain places.

Iris Flavia said...

One Wallaby "attacked" me once.. Ingo saved me....

Granny Sue said...

A white baby room! Wow!
We once had a kangaroo running loose in our county. It was here for about 4 years, I think, then we mistakenly shot during doe season. So sad. The hunter felt very badly, but when the head popped up out of a bush, well...they do look like an antler-less deer.

River said...

I have a kid too, and another kid and another kid and another kid, Ha Ha.

Iris Flavia said...

Sue, how very sad! How did it get there? Ran away from a zoo?

____

River hahaha... No tails, I guess!

Jeanne said...

LOL, I don't know why birth photos seem funny, I guess because for humans they would be too intimate.