Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Expectations

The weekend started off fine. On Saturday we bought some really expensive meat for Sunday - it was very yummy.
The football game on Saturday was somewhat one-sided (52:7) but fun nonetheless.

The Cheerleaders had a motto: They came in with beach towels, dancing. There is no summer? We make one!



And Kelvin Love made his 600th point for the Lions - my DigiCam was too slow - he was so cute, bowing to everyone! The pics are from the official Website.





For every kick-off "our" Team makes, the Rolling Stones with "Start me up" is played.
I remember, May 1999. We arrived in Perth late in the evening and stayed in the airport since we could not reach anybody in the Kingsway Caravan Park.
There was a commercial on the screens, playing every 20 minutes using "Start me up". We had just attended the first Lions game and for every kick-off, the people get up, clapping hands to this music.
This was a night with the commercial running all the time...

But then... we quarreled. Ingo left. I feel bad. For the first time I was thinking about not going to work. But, well, I did. My expectations were too high, I guess.
I´m not good in planning things.
To me it meant a lot, being together for twelve years with most of the time living apart from each other, knowing nobody else who has been - stayed - together in a situation like this.
I haven´t heard anything of him.
Usually we check each other via e-mail, make sure there was no car accident. Should I worry?

No comments: