After two and a half weeks two belgian girls, Stacy und Nathalie, have been found dead in the canalization. They had played in front of a pub where their parents had a party when they were kidnapped.
But this happened at two in the morning. Shocking as it is - how can parents let their kids be out at that time. More unbelievingly - who manages it to take two kids away without anyone noticeing? The girls were old enough to know not to go away with strangers...
In that area Marc Dutroux killed two girls, was imprisoned for 13 years - right afterwards he misused six girls, three of them he killed. This was in 2004, he is imprisoned lifelong.
I wonder - do the media make people come up with ideas like this or would things like this happen anyhow?
Perth, I always thought, is one of the safest places in the world. In Rodney´s blog I had to read about an even more dreadful story. A man misused a girl in a toilet. The girls´ brother knocked at the door to find out if someone is in there - and the man even answered! Obviously in a "normal" tone. It happened very quickly and he killed the poor little girl.
I hope the brother will be able to recover. This is all so sick. I just don´t understand how people can be like this. No matter how bad their childhood might have been. This is not understandable for me.
I have no children myself but I feel for those who do. How do you protect a child without making him being paranoid and afraid? I have the feeling things were easier 30 years ago.
It´s not that it didn´t happen - but it didn´t happen so often (or did the media or the police refrain things?).
BTW: I wrote this yesterday evening at home and took it here.
No comments:
Post a Comment