We´re both bad in remembering dates, Ingo and I, so, to make it easy we picked pentecost as our date.
Which was 1994, hence 30 whopping years ago we became a couple. Kind of an anniversary.
Wanna join?
And wonder... Australia - "six month ... and your parents allowed that with a dude you are just shortly with?"
Yupp. Dad knew Ingo for years (I had no idea).
Let´s hop through?
Just quickly...
I have NOTHING from the year 2000... I was desperately looking for a job...
I got a job, but no pic found of 2001...
Ingo makes cold weather bearable...
I had to sneak that in. My Dad was hectic - and a nice man - he took his time with this man, who needed new glasses. He was PATIENT.
Bet he smoked a ciggie afterwards 😉
Cologne:
The jewelry I wear is made by my Brother, too - he is also a goldsmith.
Dad had lost the fight against cancer, hence is not in the pic....
Red - Braunschweig Lions. Blue - Hamburg Blue Devils.
Both first league in American Football and one of them got the title for a long time only - the fans were partying together - NO MATTER WHAT.
Soccer... hooligans, police needed...
Didn´t matter if you had red or blue on your face - it was FUN!
Yes, we came here three times!
Fun story: We, in German, were wondering what to do - Varadero is more like a village.
The receptionist, a bulky, huge, very, very dark man interrupted and made a clever suggestion in... Saxon. That is an accent, a very "ugly" one, spoken in East Germany.
When Germany was still divided, Cubans could go there, and he did.
We looked at him as if he was an alien, I felt so sorry and silly afterwards, but that was a "huge" surprise!
We followed his suggestion and it was fun!
This is part #1. Let me continue tomorrow, so this isn´t an overload.
Also pentecost is still tomorrow, right.
Pack 30 years in one post, nooo.
I spare you the pics from when I studied in Hildesheim, cause Ingo was never in the very few pics - it was film camera back then! Or... wait...
Certainly we were silly and wanted to be beauuuutiful. 3 women, one man. Go figure...
More tomorrow, if you like...
Off to test the halfbike.
Ingo told me I will fail.
I am afraid cause with the near-loss of my hearing on the right side my balance is not good anymore...
Also on the walking pad I have to hold on to a chair if I want to watch GRIMM (or such 😉) other I stumble...
Wish me luck (and success, please)...
Addendum: It was not really a success, but no failure, either!!!!
I managed to do 5 slopes/revolutions in one piece before jumping off in fear.
I´m at it! Neighbour C sat in the car, waved happily at me and looked astonished at me being so exhausted and at the "thing" I have with me 🤣
"Easy on a Sunday morning" is different!
I think I need a shower. EVERY muscle is involved!



















17 comments:
That was nice to see. I already had an image, but it's getting clearer and clearer. I'm looking forward to tomorrow
:-) thank you, it was fun to browse through the folders!
30 years of traveling and we stuck in a city on the end of the world. But it is not just a city: It's PERTH!
Actually we are stuck in Braunschweig. Which isn´t that bad, either.
...Iris, you have been on so many adventures. Where are you off to next?
Tom, I would love to visit your country!!! Just where to - it is huge!
Oh, I love those happy smiles -- and such wonderful memories! Thanks for sharing these!
You guys are so cute! Happy Anniversary! 💐
You have really been a lot of places! I enjoyed this trip back in time. Those smiles, such happiness. Thank you for sharing!
You have done so much travelling, Iris.
So many wonderful memories. So many wonderful places you two have visited. I love seeing the photos.
And I think of myself as a wanderer...you all have the prize! Can't wait to see the rest of these "history of relationship travels!"
You do look funny with mud on your face :)
I love all the travel photos, you certainly went a lot of places and often.
Jeanie, you are welcome, it was fun to browse through!
____
CJ, thank you!
____
Sue, thank you, yes, Ingo wanted kids, instead...
____
RedPat, yes without kids you can chose your time-slots...
____
Nicole, yes, I good look back, huh...
____
Barbara, yes, on today :-) Maybe not as ecpected, though... but good in the end!
____
River, I kinda expected your comment! ;-)
Yes, with no kids you have your own time-slots... and money, too! When I see what a backpack for school costs, ... WHAT???? And the books and the clothes and...
I do think when I was a kid it was much cheaper!
I think you both should move to Perth, it looks like a fun place.
I don't know how I missed part 1, but I am glad I got to see you in those olden days-grin. You've been to some fun places too. Thanks for both of these look backs. hugs-Erika
Aimz, they don´t take peeps aged 50+... we missed out opportunity. For many a reason.. or out of stupidity...
___
Erika, it was really fun to "walk back" - join me? That would be fun, hugs!
Post a Comment