"Albert Schweitzer (1875--1965) had a beloved cat called Sizi. When writing at his desk, she often liked to curl up on his left arm -- so rather than disturb her, the naturally left-handed Schweitzer struggled to write with his right hand. His quote, 'There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats' is well-known."
Found at FB.


7 comments:
I have never heard of Albert Schweitzer or that quote. Lola is sometimes asleep on my arm when I am trying to type here.
"He was a theologian, organist, musicologist, writer, humanitarian, philosopher, and physician." (wiki) - I admit I have read none of his work, but he´s a name here. I´m not into religion...
He got the Nobel Peace Prize - maybe I should care a bit and read?
Lola :-) So you use but one hand? Cute.
...I didn't know that he had an assistant!
And a cute one!
That's a sweet story!
Yes :-)
I would do that, too.
Post a Comment