Our Monday Mural-host Sami took me to Subi after we visited Caversham Wildlife park back in February this year.
"A beautiful wooden Giant has been spotted in Subiaco! The Giant, named Bille Bob, is part of an Australian-first exhibition by world-renowned Danish artist Thomas Dambo called the Giants of Mandurah. Both an artist and environmental activist, Dambo's artistic practice celebrates the diversity, beauty and importance of the natural world, using recycled and locally sourced materials in his creations. The exhibition features a number of Dambo's whimsical wooden creatures installed in secret locations throughout the City of Mandurah, plus one in Subiaco, who is a little lost, for visitors to discover. This is a free-to-view outdoor exhibition."
There is still so much from our six weeks in Perth/Adelaide and inbetween... bare > be patient with me.





15 comments:
...thanks Iris, I would love to see Thomas Dambo's work in person.
Visit Sami! :-)
That is so cool
Yes! :-)
This is one of the trolls by the same artist as the ones I saw in Maine last summer. They are very cool. I have a friend who is traveling around the US checking them out. Thanks for sharing this, as I love seeing more of these trolls. Happy rest of your weekend Iris. hugs-Erika
Erika, nice to know they roam the world!!! To a nice Sunday - yummy food so far and sich a nice fairy tale... have a good one, too, hugs
Until I saw the pic with you in it I didn't realize just how huge the piece was, Iris.
FYI : it should be bear and not bare. I'm not sure if auto correct did that to you or not. ;-))
Thank you, no, was me, I guess, maybe I thought of a big bear 🐻! ;-)
Billie Bob IS amazing, I'll have to see him for myself next time I visit my brother over there.
Amazing work!
River, yes, in Mandurah are all the others!
____
magiceye, yes, great artwork!
:) What a pity we didn't go to Mandurah to see the others. Next time!
Yes, next time we make room for that!
I've never seen a black swan. He's magnificent!
They sure are special, Jeanie!
Post a Comment