Sorry to bother you just yet again with "my" company.
We´re not only "Technology to trust" but I just LOVED this:
Sadly this event was far away from Braunschweig, so I didn´t visit to take a proper pic (this is from LinkedIn) and meet the colleagues, but this slogan means colloquially: "No problem for an engineer" as in "No prob for an eng" or such.
My "Mothership-project" goes on for a little while and this time I´ll stick to 8 hours daily only.
By golly, really. I sorted, got translated and proofread nearly 200 files in 15 days (and some files were around 80 pages) and just learned the trains are on their way to Olso in Norway only this week, hence the files are needed end of next week/begin of the week after that.
I could´ve delivered a much better quality.
But.
It goes to Norway.
The people DO maintenance, they don´t hack on every word and grammar like the guys in Frankfurt, Germany, did. Germans are awful. I may say that, I am German.
I´m off soon to ESE as I have a so-called "present-seminar" for two days.
Will exchange spices with admin mT 😁
And bring Oppa/Granddad (my old Lenovo) for a checkup.
Will be nice to meet the guys in person again!
And meet likely new ones.
That´s how I met my now-friend fK, in a present-seminar.
I hardly can imagine how it was like to be in the office in person every day!
COVID brought us some good!
No more a car, driving, wasting time, money and risking life!
This is for Tom´s signs2.
Whom I certainly join, despite the way too cold weather 13C/55F with this and dream of proper temps:
Henry 🦁





11 comments:
...Iris, I'm glad that you enjoy working with ESE! I hope that you and Henry have a great flip flop day!
No flopping for me. I have an appointment with the dentist, and then must write "with distinction" on the smart kids' diplomas. Have a good day!
Henry is the awesomest!
Have fun talking to everyone, Iris.
You are so lucky to work for a good company -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
Well, I think Germans are terrific, as they make excellent cars and other things that require precision. Germany also produced Bach and Beethoven, two of the world's greatest composers. Be proud to be German, Iris.
Oh I love your flipflop display. It screams summer. Smile! And are you looking forward to a couple of days away for work? hugs-Erika
200 files in 15 days?? Impressive for sure.
I'm glad I don't have to go to seminars and meetings, I hated even when the boss called a meeting at the factory to tell us (in a very long speech) that we need to work "smarter not harder" whatever the heck that means, also that the stores are expecting ther shoes orders to be in store by December for the Christmas sales, so I sat there wondering why we are wasting time when we should be working.
I love the thongs (flip flops) display.
Tom, it was raining, soooo good!
_____
CJ, maybe with flip flops your job would be more fun? Though it sounds fun already! Dentist not so much, though, hope all went well...
____
magiceye, Henry says thank you...
____
RedPat, thank you.
____
Christine, oh, yes!
____
gigi, yes, Great Britain had no success making our products sound bad by printing "made in Germany" on them!
____
R´s Rue, thank you, hope you had one, too.
____
Erika, well, you always have some weirdo geeks in the group and there are two. At least today I will meet my friend.
____
River, yes, those speeches in my old company.... boooooring (always on the Christmas Party), but at ALSTOM meetings were always fun!
Now I mostly meet but myself ;-)
The thongs hang there all year round, btw - in hopes for a great summer.
You have been working hard! Can't wait to see your photos of the present-seminar.
There will be no pics, it really was a "serious" seminar ;-)
Post a Comment