This was day #1 after my spider bite (I still thought it was but an ordinary mossie!), I went to the city by myself cause I just wanted to - Ingo´d gotten me a bandage that worked very well, so, I took off and went to Perth and then Elizabeth Quay.
On the way... the Bell Tower, these days (?) known as Swan Bells.
Just a quick pic-show cause... tired after over 11 hours of work again.
Public holiday again, means I have but Friday (and maybe the weekend) to get the job done.
This is the Spanda with the Elizabeth Quay Pedestrian Bridge in the background.
... as everything!
My Brother learned optometrist and goldsmith and never did anything else.
I got thrown into a new job just yet again.... learning, learning, learning!
I prefer this! You?
For Tom:
This is in our bedroom. We have a Miele!!! Even she eats socks!
I hope some I´ll find will match...









21 comments:
...Spanda and the colorful mural are great. Being a boring guy, all of my socks are the same brand white ones. If one has a hole, I can still have a pair!
To being boring!!!! :-)
I HATE sorting Ingo´s socks, and yes, we are classic, it´s me doing that job - other it´s our knitted ones by his late Grandma, that is Ingo´s job!
A lot of machines seem to eat socks, lol. The Elizabeth quay area keeps on growing, but it looks great and family friendly. Enjoy the weekend Iris.
Sami, yes. 1995 there was "nothing" and when they built this up I was a bit... "disappointed". But now I really like it. Hm, now I crave ice-cream!
I hope I´ll have a weekend - Ingo has a long one... A great one to you!
This post reminded me of when Grace would be posting from Perth. It was good to see the landmarks again, Iris.
Love that there is a lost sock day!
Interesting sculpture, and I do like that mural! As for socks, I have just black and white. All black ones are identical, and I wish the same was true of the whites!
RedPat, wished Grace´s go back to blogging!
____
magiceye, where do they go? I read into the lip of the washing machine, but I found nothing!
____
Sue, I sure miss Perth and I wish Ingo had easier socks!!!!
It's not nice that you're already tired. That's not good, is it?
I've had the same job for over forty years. Well okay, with other kids, with different ages, different collegues and in different places. But my own learning continued. All these years...
My Miele eats socks too. It must be a conspiracy. The socks work together with the Miele. They want peace and quiet. Oh yes, the duvet covers are also included. They deliberately turn inside out
The customer is only 26 years old he thought it is less work. And I could say: Your fault.
But... when young... I try to make it! And I keep on learning.
Thank you for the laugh!!!
A conspiracy in the Miele-family!!! "Wonderful"!!!
when physicists discovered that there was mysterious “dark matter” between the stars, previously unknown, previously unaccounted-for, we guessed that it was actually lost socks.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com
LOL, thank you!!! Thank you for the chuckle!! Great.
Perth looks amazing. Love the Spanda!
I like your photographs from the Elizabeth quay area.
All the best Jan
We have too many lost socks in my house. Why is that? Maybe the sock eating monster lives in the basement-smile. You have some cool shots today. That is a great statue. I really like it. Happy start to your Friday. hugs-Erika
I don't like the Spanda, but I do like the mural.
I had a lost sock myself recently, the first lost sock EVER in my whole life, so I went back to the laundromat the next day and there it was! Someone had found it and put it up on top of the washing machines for me to find.
I used to like learning different jobs, but usually within the same area, like in the shoe factory, I learned to do this part and then that part and then another part etc. and I got pretty good at all of them so when I got caught up in my section I had time to go and help out in another section because I knew what to do there.
If you are able to take the back off the washing machine you may find the missing socks on the floor of it under the drum part.
Wow! These photos are fabulous. Love the mural.
Spare Parts and Pics, I like it, too, now.
____
Jan, it has become quite busy!
_____
Erika, yes, we have a monster here! :-)
I´ll do my best today, hugs
_____
River, at first I didn´t like all the works at Elizabeth Quay! I hated it. The Bell Tower was just a little thing suddenly.
But, the work was done, and I had to accept it. And then it came alive, so many people, new eateries, ice-cream, carousel... life goes on and by now I really like the place.
Hehe, our Miele is cramped into a little place!
Our house is old - no idea where people went to when they needed to go, but at one point the kitchen was divided - a mini-small loo and the other half just big enough for a washing machine - no way we get behind that.
So nice someone put your sock on top for you to find!!!
___
Nicole, it has become a great place after all!
Post a Comment