I think this might´ve been 1979, I´m the one with the red-white striped t-shirt-arms and as usual the smallest. We are all one age. And still smiling. Later...
Or maybe I hid my face cause even back then I hated my pic being taken.
Either way, this is what I thought of Rain´s prompt "Squares".
I can´t remember if us kids made it through to the end, just let me tell you, being a chess figure is the most boring thing for a 7-year old!!!
We have two sets of chess, The Simpsons and Star Trek Voyager, I even got myself a book on it, but.... I think this event back then ruined my interest in chess for a lifetime...
Food wise, Ingo made Labskaus.
Cook potatoes, roughly mash them, put into the pan with broken corned beef, salt, pepper, bayleaf. Serve with a fried egg, gherkin and beetroot.
Some add a rollmops. Not for me.
Some put the beetroot into the mix - I once did cause Mom didn´t give instructions other than "don´t forget the beetroot!" - then it really looks like puke and Dad threw a fit.
Other than Mom, who, in WWII fled from Königsberg to near Hamburg and was a trainee on island Helgoland, ate it like that from a food-stand in Hamburg from a barf bag on the way to the island to shock tourists. Especially in winter, when it´s steaming.
Warm puke from a barf bag, hmmmmm.... it´s a rocky ride.
Bro puked his heart out whilst I ate happily my licorice...
It was too much for one meal, so....







20 comments:
Hahaha... I was always the smallest too
You were so adorable in your costume. Bored or not.
...we often become pawns!
Those are great old photos. I was always small too. And skinny until my thyroid conked out and my genes kicked in more.And your sketch is great, even if it is early. Hope your day is going well. hugs-Erika
I was/am always the smallest.
I don't even understand chess. I don't like any kinds of games, I'm a bad loser LOL. I do like trivia and crosswords.
I was always the smallest too.
That dish reminds me of the look of refried beans, Iris.
I like your chess theme today and yummy food! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
You look so adorable on the chessboard, it must have been hard to stand still as chess can be such a slow game 😊. Loving the food you've been enjoying and such a beautiful Henry photo, I've missed seeing Henry this month - roar! Take care and sending you happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x
Bettie, thank you, I feel less alone!
____
CJ, LOL yes "were" ;-)
____
Tom, we need them in real life!
____
Erika, I know things couls be much worse than being small, but...
My thyroid requests medication, too, Maybe that´s why I gained weight, too. Or I just have too many calory-input ;-)
Try other medication? Hugs
____
Jackie, to small people? I don´t like games, either. When on Outback traveels we often played Mau-Mau. 85% I won. Poor Ingo!
____
RedPat, we can really open a little-club! The dish tastes very much different from refried beans... I like it, because it reminds me of how silly Mom was.
____
Christine, thank you. I admit, I had no clever idea, also I wasn´t feeling like sketching....
____
Jo, thank you and yes, I think I can still remember how boring that was...
Thank you,I really could need some creativity, hugs x
That sounds pretty tasty...but not sure i could eat it from a puke bag! I had to read that part to my husband. We're still laughing!
That was my Mom!!! 🤣
I miss her....
You are so cute in those photos. Hmmmm corned beef is NOT my fav at all. However, I hope you enjoyed it. Have a nice evening.
Wow, what a cutie you were!!! Adorable pics.
Thank you for sharing more of yourself with us, dear friend. Aloha!
Nicole, yes, I enjoyed because of the memories...
____
Spare Part and Pics, sadly "were" ... ;-)
____
Cloudia, you´re welcome - to be honest I really was too worn out to sketch - Aloha... Friday here already!
I would eat the fried egg part of that meal and the gherkin.
I don't like chess, too much thinking for my brain. My youngest, J, likes to play and he taught the first grand daughter when she was four.
I was often the smallest in the class too because I was younger. Most kids were already 6 or close to age 6 when starting grade one, but I wasn't 6 until late in the year, August.
I have never heard of Labskaus. That's quite a breakfast!
I think I can see you yawning, fair enough, I would be too in that situation but you do look cute though.
River, I was too young, too. Had to repeat a class later, hence... but I could hop on one leg and WANTED to stay with my kindy-friends and with the hopping-job they had to let me in!
____
Jeanie, it´s more a dinner, or lunch-meal. I could not eat that really - other than this as it had to get "away" for brekkie...
____
Aimz, it was booooooring. At least I covered my mouth. I see so many peeps yawning not doing that and really... not a pretty sight...
Though I learned to play chess many years ago, I haven't played in so long I probably don't remember the rules ... so I guess I am pretty much indifferent to it. I know your experience was boring and you hated having your picture taken, but you were a really cute kid. Love the pictures. Labskaus looks pretty good, but when you describe it as warm puke, I suddenly lost interest. But Henry and family made me smile. Can you believe it is June already? Hope you are enjoying your summer so far.
Andrea @From the Sol
Post a Comment