Monday, May 27, 2024

Money Makes The World... Hate


It is what we do in our "hood" - things we don´t need anymore and that are good as new we put in boxes, attach a note: "For free".
I got the scarf together with shoes "for free" cause I bought two pair of shoes.
But I´m not a scarf-fan.
Never used, price-tag still on.
 
Some rich guys must´ve moved in somewhere nearby. He (I just assume it´s a man) put my last empty (!!!!) box in front our door and "asked" to not leave "trash in front of their house".
Must´ve been the guy with the dog, early morning, 05:20 or such, watching me.
Why early morno? So his dog can sh#t in places and he doesn´t have to  pick up after him.
 
I feel very sorry for him. He should move. He will find other boxes as that´s a place where many people pass by. And he lives in a house with many other peeps who do NOT feel his way.
I felt so sad.
Money changes people.

And, hey, watch out for more dog-poo.
I feel sad, disappointed and angry. Mostly sad.
I found so much good in the street, and left so much, it´s a give and take - AND IT NEVER IS TRASH!!!! What an arrogant, rich, as#hole.
 
 
Sorry, this needed to get out.

Yes, I COULD put it all up on eBay or wherever, invest time etc, etc, pack it up, bring to the post office, blah-blah-blah.
Good for environment, ha-ha-no.

I still shake my head in disbelief, typing this.

Sad how our neighborhood changes. If we hadn´t bought the condo I might´ve moved.
Sad, I feel so sad. Dis-appointed...

I am glad I do not know who that "hero" is - I might leave a note, too... one I would need to put a lot of thought in to make it sound "fine". Here I just say "rich as#hole" and waste no more thought.
Why hero? If he - correctly - assumed it was me... why not ring the bell and talk to my face?
Chicken?

I... have to believe in humanity.

Henry you find when you scroll down and he is beautiful, too!
Or, if you came from T-Day you find him here



9 comments:

Tom said...

...you and your neighbors have a wonderful idea.

Iris Flavia said...

And one dumbhead. Thank you, Tom, that you agree with us!

DVArtist said...

Where my mom lived this was done as well. It worked very well.

My name is Erika. said...

That guy is just CRANKY! I wonder why he is so against this? We've even done this at the end of our driveway with some bigger things that were too good to just throw out and take up landfill space. hugs-Erika

Granny Sue said...

I think this is an awesome way to share! People do it here too, just pit things at the end of their drive, or out front of their home with a Free sign. That guy is just a jeep. Ignore him and keep being you!

River said...

Can you just leave your box of goodies somewhere else close by? People do the same here, though not often and it's mostly books or kitchenware. I have a couple of things that I need to put out, I just don't want them anymore. A small sandwich toaster which I never use, I make toasted sandwiches in a frying pan. A few cake baking tins.

Iris Flavia said...

Nicole, that´s how it should be!

____

Erika, YES!!! I assume he works for Volkswagen. A lot of them are very arrogant and rich. I worked for, nit at VW some 16 years and saw how they "tick" and "work".
Our direct neighbor is one of them. He hates us cause we have a balcony and he is not allowed to build one. He ... it´s too long...
To normal people, hugs

____

Sue, yes, I will keep doing it, just look for a different place and go even earlier....

____

River, yes, that is my plan! Oh, now that you mention! We have some unused cooking gear, too!
From when I thought I need them, but now that I can cook I don´t!

Amypie71 said...

yuck dog poos in public places or on peoples lawns annoys me. But I like the dogs though. It's not their fault their owners are buttheads.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, yes, it´s the people´s fault! I lost two pairs of shoes already to this...