Saturday, May 11, 2024

Roos At St George's Tce

 
The sculpture of Western Grey kangaroos commemorates the completion of the "Perth - A City for People" project.
When I took the pic a tourist bus was passing by - fun coincidence, huh? 
 

 That´t at Stirling Gardens right in front of the...
 

 
 
A detail-shot:
 

 How I know? 1995 a Wallaby touched me to give it food. I had none - and I wouldn´t give any as it´s bad for them, but it was persistent and didn´t let go off me... I called Ingo for help.
He´d just had coffee, filled the cup with water (only water!) and then he had to repeat this again and again:
 

 There was drinking water right behind running through - this was Bowling Green Bay NP.
 

 

With these I join....
 
 
Eileen 🦘
Have a happy Saturday, sunny and warm here. 

Henry's 🦁  alter Perth-ego,the Black Swan 🐣:
 

 

 

17 comments:

Sami said...

I love those statues and so do my overseas visitors. Enjoy the warmer weekend.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, they are cute. Ack, temps dropped, no BBQ today.... rather a hot soup.

My name is Erika. said...

Those roos are fabulous. I'm glad you shared these. What greats statues. I hope you have a super weekend. hugs-Erika

Jackie McGuinness said...

OMG these are beyond adorable!! I love them. And that wallaby was thirsty.

magiceye said...

Thirsty wallaby. Loves to be pampered?

RedPat said...

I love those kangaroos & the Wallaby, Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

Erika, yes, I enjoy them every time! It warmed up, yippeeee, to a great weekend!

____

Jackie, yes, I love them. That wallby was a junkie - really there was water right behind Ingo!

____

magiceye, might be - or it really was the coffee-taste!

____

RedPat, yes, both cute!

Christine said...

Awesome statue!

CJ Kennedy said...

I think the kangaroo sculptures would look fabulous in my Zensical garden. Oh, how sweet the wallaby drinking from the cup. Have a great weekend.

Jeanie said...

I've never even seen a kangaroo in a zoo. That's great!

Iris Flavia said...

Christine, yes :-)

____

CJ, they are pretty huge, though! Yeah, that wallaby went all crazy about Ingo´s water. To a great weekend, we just had the first BBQ 2024!

____

Jeanie, it´s in the city! :-)
You don´t have them in zoos? Even in Germany we have!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Iris :=)
Those Kangaroo statues are magnificent and the Wallaby drinking water from a cup is a lovely photo. Thanks for sharing all these photos I really enjoyed seeing them.
All the best
Sonjia.

Anonymous said...

awesome statutes thanks for sharing with us
hugs from the lake-lovely weather here today

Amypie71 said...

That is one very very posh council building, and very modern.

River said...

The kangaroo statues are amazing, they look almost real.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Love the detail shot and the wallaby story, haha.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my...someone was thirsty! How beautiful the statues are!