With this super-yummy self-made lemonade (and fK´s matcha latte) I join Elizabeth´s T today.
As you can see, we sat outside, yippee!
The journal:
Monday: Superstressy, yet also fun, 10 1/2 work hours > zero negative left! Yippeeee - and tomorrow I´ll run into plus-hours! fK offered "illegal" help, I hope to manage by myself...
Evening: GRIMM. From season 2 on I can choose only between Spanish, which I don´t speak, or German, which is boring, but I can switch to audio-English and turn off the German subtitles.
Wonderful. That means I have no subtitles when they speak French.
Interesting enough I understand still so much I mostly get what they are talking about.
Learning, learning, learning! My French is coming slowly back.
With the Spanish I can only guess and no, I am too lazy to switch subtitles on and off.
At least I fully understand when they speak German 😁 (I am German, but came to blogging via an Aussie-blog and also this way my Brother is too lazy to follow me).
Tuesday: Just saw the list for the summer-BYO-party. We are mostly Germans. A lot of people bring: 🍺 beer!
CEO#2: Jägermeister, as last time, icy-cold! Made 15 km from our doorstep, known world-wide (yes, I brag big).
As I´ll join by push-bike fK had a clever idea: I´ll bring ketchup, mustard, BBQ-sauce.
Work: 10 hours - bad job nearly done. I hate to work quick´n dirty!
But then the Mothership gives the maintenance manual to a Norwegian group, they likely won´t care.
26C / 79F - sadly too windy for BBQ...
Wednesday: "I´m Good" as in ... my heart stopped racing!!! 99% work done, back to 8 hours work. Customer mS´s customer does not need all files at once. Phew, one was missing, will do tomorrow.
194 files, some under 10, some up to 80+ pages in 11 days.
The company that worked for ALSTOM... I had to wait at least 1-2 days for one file!
Perth-friend Grace (ask her to resume blogging, PLEASE), asked via FB if I have news from the cardiologist - I had no time to investigate - BUT!!!
With the stress the heart-racing is gone!
I think it was fear to lose my job.
Thursday: Checked my work and found some faults. When you work with 4-eyes principle but are just one person...
Out of the blue mK2 called me (I gave him the Deepl-Account back), if I need technical help, he has some time... indeed I had had an MS Word-problem and it might come back, so he tried to help, it was hilarious!
He´s from Poland and it´s a constant English-German mix. And I mean mix ...
"Ich denke out loud" and when reading he sings. Oh, boy. If I join the summer-party?, he asked. We´ll meet!
Training - cruncher (a bit, the hands hurt quick) and GRIMM on the walking pad. Finally I can go back to this.
Friday: Low day, customer didn´t show up.
Sorted all the cooking-tips from my Admin mT - he is vegetarian and if someone ever hacks our chats... oh, my!
Soon I´ll try cauliflower-base for pizza (sketching I was on broccoli cause I just had that!) . Actually it´s made in the oven. I suggested in the pan - Him: that tastes even better 🍕.
Had lunch with fK at Lüttes. We shared a veggie-cake (snail) with salad, we tried. I only managed a quarter.... She is younger than me and also much taller, she can eat more...
Sunny, but extremly windy again.
Weekend: Saturday:
Got flowers!
Went grocery-shopping twice - I´m getting forgetful.
Ingo did some cooking. We are not twins, I don´t have to like all he cooks up. That´s OK.
He has very good hearing when it comes to me mumbling in disappointment. Wonder why he otherwise says he cannot hear me.
Sunday:
Quiet, tried the halfbike with a little success, then Löwenzahn, Die Maus, fairy tale.
Tired after the work-marathon.
Munch-wise:
As you are used to me having one post a day I add more of our 30-years-journey simply here...
It was fun going through the files from all the past years!
Bro showed Niece films of me when I was 2-4 years old when she was 5.
He could not convince her it´s me, not her... LOL.
The other week Bro sent me a pic of her.
Even Ingo could not recognize that girl. She looks like totally different from me.
Genes are a miracle!
All money goes to Perth Children´s hospital. I buy one every time we get there.
We had FUN (Perth)!
- but great company (Perth).
The waitress packed the glasses up for us - cause we valued them!
All fogged up. Am short-sighted... either way I saw nothing much...
More tomorrow, if you like... really, wearing glasses, this was a pain.



















18 comments:
This blog has taken me a lot of time, with all those retrospectives. But it's super nice to see all that. Have a feeling I know you.
I´m sorry ;-)
But is´t nice to getting to know one each other - why not joining me?
That half bike looks dangerous to me. I would rather walk.
It's good the heart is behaving now you have plenty of work to do. I agree worry over losing a job = stress = heart trouble.
Grace has a lovely swimming pool.
I like doing a little time-travel with you.
As always, I enjoyed your calendar pages. Yes, stress can be a killer. At least now, your job seems to be secure.
I enjoyed the retrospective. It was quite interesting to see you evolve over the years. Loved that big beer and your drinks you shared with your friend look good, too. Thanks for sharing your calendar, retrospective, and drinks with us for T this Tuesday, dear Iris.
I'm glad you linked a few more look backs. they are fun to see. And I love your smiling ginger and broccoli. Or is it cauliflower? Either way, smiling veggies are fun. As is your journal. I always enjoy it. And your lemonade sounds fabulous. I hope you're having a super T day my friend. hugs-Erika
River, yes.... but I will not give up on that halfbike!
Sadly job is on hold again....
Yes, to have a pool, huh! Time travel will be over tomorrow already.... thank you for joining me!
____
Elizabeth, I so hope so, atm I´m waiting again....
I did evolve`LOL, sounds like I was a kid 30 years ago!
____
Erika, I was ... oh, boy, cauliflower it will be!
Today I try falafel!
To a great T-Day, dear friend, hugs!
...does pear-ginger-basil lemonade have lemons in it? What a combination.
LOL, Tom, I don´t think so! I will ask next time!!! Funny, clever you! 🤣
Glad you have lots of work, and busy with so many other things. I love seeing all of the photos. Have a great day today.
What a busy week that was for you Iris. And your travels continue.
Good morning, sounds busy at work, you share the most delicious sounding drinks enjoyed all of your photos.
hugs from the lake
Nicole, thank you, sadly I´m on hold again!
____
RedPat, it was crazy!
____
Kathy, it really was so yummy!!! Let´s see what we´ll be up to this Friday!
Another exhausting week to read about 😺 The pear ginger basil lemonade sounds really good. Sorry, but a cauliflower base does not make pizza 😉 We're having a faculty picnic at the museum. Sadly, no alcohol.
"Sadly no alcohol" 🤣
I´ll let you know how the cauliflower-base went. I always love to try out new stuff!
Nostalgic post. Interesting.
Sometimes it´s good to look back...
Gosh, you've had a busy week! I got tired just reading about it!
I loved seeing all the Perth retrospectives. You really had fun, didn't you.
And hurray for nice co-workers.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca
Boy have I missed your posts - they are always so full of your super fun way of looking at (and drawing) life. Love all your journal pages, your story-telling (you make even a boring day sound interesting), and fun pictures and sense of humor.
So great to see all your historical pictures too.
Giant hugz and happy late T-day, Iris.
Post a Comment