We had this on the train ride with the Indian Pacific from Adelaide to Perth this February.
Was OK but way too cold!
Order two, huh? "Two one fifty lashes"... ummmm. Really? Sounds painful(er).
With this I join Elizabeth´s T.
The journal:
Monday: And I wonder... needed help - new folder in teams. fL said, "ask mK, your 'fav' colleague 😉". (He made no friends, really). Me... "or mM?" - did. mM called - WITH mK - and mK was super nice and helpful. ??? What happened? And now I have "Lemon Tree" in my ear. Because I wondered...
Earworm-alert? Here we go:
New teamlead mK2 called. Hamburg-accent. I said, I was in Tornesch/Pinneberg often as kid - good start (same area).
He asked me to look at my work. Said, "I´m here from 06:00 a.m." - him ".... me, not 😉".
11+ hours of work. With BEST colleagues - two offered help even!!
Tuesday: 11 hours of work...
Wednesday: Yippeeeee!! I suggested to have the cancelled fancy summer-festival simply money-free on our ESE-parking-lot with BYO (as in food). Just got an invitation for that!!!!
Mailed fK - she answered, "just was about mailing you!"
Guess many made that suggestion!
Cause we ALL want to celebrate and meet each other for REAL, not just via teams.
We´re a bunch of 450 peeps...
Any suggestions what to bring???
11+ work-hours again... not near the finish line. All wish a looooong weekend. Tomorrow is a public holiday, but I´ll work Friday, of course.
Thursday: Sleep in, yummy food, Walking Pad, Total Scruncher and GRIMM. And I planted some flowers - wish me luck!
Friday: Customer stays in Berlin till Wednesday before taking off to Norway, so no need for me to work on Saturday- yippeeeee. 10 hours "only" (usually I work 8).
AI went the gynecologist, I think!!!
For Membrane I got > Diaphragm and for Federleiste > female connector (it was about doors).
I SO had to laugh! Glad real humans are still needed for control/proofreading.
Another file to translate was: "Check WC interior fittings"
And I´m not sure I want to use a public loo again...
There can be "unacceptable findings"... ewww?
Another was about seats:
Check folding seats and seats > Quality requirements: "Presence" – do people steal seats?
And...
No recognizable grooves (Rillen) - in my head I thought, hmmm... groovy, not!
Weekend: Saturday: Slept in a little, went grocery shopping 4 times, then to the drug store, hence no walking pad - was better outside in the sun! Cruncher I did, too, though.
First coal-BBQ of the year later! No one can tell me a gas-grill is as good!
GRIMM then - I LOVE that series!
Sunday: I kinda knew it in my heart it won´t happen.
In anger Ingo said he wants soup, so I did nothing about the BBQ.
Long story short, when I went to water the flowers it was very windy.
GRIMM. And the cruncher.
Munch-wise from happy times:
Huh????
When we traveled Australia we had open fires and in one National Park the ranger even brought us wood for that!!!
Certainly never when fire danger was "high" or, as often, "extreme" - there are signs everywhere - reckon these days they are digitalized? Back then someone had to drive there to actualize... Pic taken 1995 "somewhere" in the Outback.
How about you: Gas or coal?
Ours was yummy:
Henry 🦁:
To a great new one!















18 comments:
Coal is definitely best, gas is second best, electric I don't like at all. I have a very small coal barbecue packed away in a box in the shed because there is nowhere here I can set it up. If I ever have a house with a yard I will set it up.
I had to laugh at the translations for membrane etc. and the WC, which my dad used to call the wee-cee so that we would laugh.
Icy cold is the proper Aussie way to drink beer, warm (room temperature or just cool) is for English people.
Here people can take their coal bbq to the parks - in summer the ctiy sets up containers for coal.
Yes, in Freo we sometimes needed to ask for ice in the beer - but on the train it was so darn cold it hurt my teeth!
wee-cee - that is cute!
...have a wild day!
With you all the way on charcoal grill vs. gas grill. We also make sure to buy charcoal that’s made of wood, not “mineral” charcoal. The flavor is just different — and superior.
best, mae
What a busy week! I hope you get paid for all those extra hours. Most people have a gas grill. We had a kettle grill with charcoal, but rarely used it especially when it was too hot to cook outside. Happy T Day
Tom, I sure do!
____
Mae, so YES!
____
CJ, yes, I get payed :-) Or other, I was in minus and today go into plus, so on a good with not much to do I can leave work earlier!
I can never be too hot outside ;-)
Most people here use gas but some still use charcoal. I don't have either so I appreciate whatever someone else has to offer.
Oh, sad you don´t have one!
I love reading your blog. You have a way to telling us what's going on. Yes, coal BBQ is the best. I love the drawing of the work overload. Have a great day today.
Thank you, Nicole :-)
To coal BBQ (if only it wasn´t that windy today!) - a great day for you, too!
I have a charcoal grill and wouldn't want to invest in gas. LOVED the calendar this week and laughed at work vs life. Hope your flowers make it. Mine died before they were actually flowers. I planted seeds.
That is one very different ale. It is certainly a conversation starter. Thanks for sharing your calendar and your beer with us for T this Tuesday, dear Iris.
To charcoal grills, dear Elizabeth! :-)
Thank you, glad you liked the calendar - it´s always fun to make!
Some flowers show!!!! To a happy T-Day (nearly over here)
That brewer of the Lashes beer certainly has an exciting life if he's been a robber, soldier, thief, fugitive and convict. Actually it sounds a bit scary of a life. And hurrah for BBQ's and planting flowers. We're having summer weather right now-love it. I hope you did too and had a lovely T day too. hugs-Erika
Cheers with 150 lashes!
Lovely journaling!
Erika, it was warm here yesterday but too windy for another BBQ!
In Australia they also have a Ned Kelley-pie, named after another mad man :-)
Yay for your summer, enjoy, hugs
___
magiceye, no idea if I would cheer ;-)
Coal (from wood) is definitely the best. A lot of people have built in BBQs in their patios (with a proper chimney). I have a gas bbq, very boring but it works. I have a large one for when we have parties, and a small one for just one or two people. I swear by a make called Cadac. They are South African bbqs, but when we had bought a small Cadac for the campervan, we liked it so much that we bought a large one for at home.
You made me smile with those ridiculous translations. Yes, you will always need a human.
150 lashes? Ouch!
Sorry I'm late in commenting. Life gets in the way sometimes,
Happy T-Day,
Lisca
Charcoal here. Always have used that and we barbeque a lot, well, he does.
He doesn't like electric or gas grill. I feel safer with the charcoal than having a gas grill. Happy t day.
I admittedly will probably never be one for a grill.
Post a Comment