
My day today... doctors´ appointment, work, another doctors´ appointment with heaps of waiting, dish-washing (well, back at home, certainly!!! ;-)...), laundry (still running), cleaning, preparing food for work.
Boooring day.. exhausting day.
So I like to cheer me (and if someone reads along, you, too) up with the quotes of the book I sadly have finished, here we go, in no particular order:
"I love the fact that I make people happy, in any form. Even if it´s just half an hour of their lives, in any way that I can make them feel lucky or make them feel good, or bring a smile to a sour face, that to me is worthwhile."
"I´m not worried about wrinkles and things like that. I don´t get up every morning and rush to the mirror and see how many lines I´ve got... I don´t worry. I mean, you´re going to get old, you´ll look old, and that´s the way it is, no matter how many creams you use... I´m not afraid of looking old. It´s how you feel inside that matters..."
"I might have all the problems in the world, but I have Mary and that gets me through. She only lives about two minutes from me. I still see her every day and I am as fond of her as I have ever been. I´ll love her until I draw my last breath. We´ll probably grow old together."
"Rio, in 1985, was wonderful. It was mind-boggling to be up there with all those people in the palm of your hand. During Love Of My Life I stood there blinking away like mad and swallowing hard, with the same feeling that The Last Night Of The Proms gives me. The sunshine makes such a difference and people are allowed to flower there. They were a wonderful audience and I loved their displays of emotion."
(which I mentioned here, without knowing this quote!)
Sadly... Farrokh Bulsara never got old - he died aged only 45.
Better known as genius Freddie Mercury.
The book, "A Life, In His Own Words" is really a lot worth reading - even if you are not a fan of Queen or Freddie Mercury. Would you have expected such ? lovely, genuine words from that man?
No comments:
Post a Comment