Saturday, May 15, 2010

Heads Are Best



... or: Do you like Kapern?



Funny how things mingle together sometimes!

We wondered, hmm, what to eat this weekend?
Since it´s so darn cold (11C!!) and rainy we decided to go for soup (in May!!!).

Due to the rain we took the car to the city and went to a tiny place where they sell local meat-stuff. Man, the lady was so nice!

Apart from soup we also took Königsberger Klopse.
My Grandma, who raised my Bro and me, came from Königsberg and hence it was a dish more or less often at our house.

I always refused.

It comes along with caper and I always thought these were little animals!

Well, I told Ingo about it and when we came home we had the ads in the mail, opened them up just to find pic above.

Title says: "Enjoy with wits", meaning the heads are best, which is the case with asparagus, no?
Guess what :-)
Ingo always refused to eat the heads. He thought of worm´s heads.

Funny coincidence, huh? Will have Königsberger Klopse tonight (not sure if I try caper yet).

One good thing about the rainy weather: Colors are great, this is a neighbor´s place:



Any weird childhood-disliking of food in your place?

Addendum

Here it comes:





Since there was but one... I let Ingo have it. 38 years without caper!

2 comments:

Ingo said...

Twenty years later my imagination became true! Do not eat the heads.
see pic

alliehallmarr said...

What a cute plate!! That's really awesome that you share the same birthday with our little Henry! My husband's is on the 30th and we thought for sure he'd be born on that day. No such luck! At least they'll be able to have their own days to celebrate :)