
A few months ago we changed bakery. Ours suddenly raised prices not by money but by making the bread smaller, how dumb is that.
They reckon you don´t realize, but when you get hungry at work, you sure do.
Our "new" one is very family-like, it seems.
We need to order ours in advance (they usually get only 2-3 of them, we need a half one).
So, Ingo tried to do that on his name, which is a rather complicated one. By the third time he said, ok, on the name K., that´s my girlfriend, that´s easier.
Usually Ingo orders it via phone and picks it up on the way home, it´s on his route anyways.
Now he isn´t allowed to make private phone calls anymore.
So, it was my turn.
I called them from work, said, "Hi, K. here, I wanna order one half 'Glattes'".
"Ok, right, your husband will pick it up this afternoon?"
Husband
That fast you´re married over here!! :-)))
That sounded kinda weird to me!
Today we went there together and the woman greeted Ingo with, "Good morning, Mr. K.!"
Really! I had trouble not to laugh!
See, we´re together over 15 years but we´re not married.
Guess it´s my Mum´s "fault", she once said when we were rather little, if she wasn´t married, she´d pack things and go.
I wanna be with Ingo not due to a document but because of love.
So it sounds strange to me when someone calls him by my name and even suggests he is my husband.
7 comments:
I can understand how that would seem weird!
A document doesn't mean you don't love them though. I don't think it of love vs document but the document is a visible reminder to everyone of the love :)
Mayabe I´m a bit weird in this one ;-)
No I get what you mean about your name. I like to be called by my proper name too. Remember that post I did about not liking being called 'Mrs Duncan'. We all want to keep part of our identity.
That´s right, too!
A friend of mine married and both kept their names and my Bro´s Wife mixed both names (I´m not a fan, though, of double-names).
But... it shouldn´t bother me if Ingo is called by my name, huh?
But it does!
Feels like he´s my Bro, LOL ;-)
People just assume that my wife has my surname and if an Asian person calls looking for my wife they assume that I have her surname. It's great when an Indian rings and wants to speak to Mr L coz I can say that he's not here.
Hammy, mean person you are ;-)
Post a Comment