Ingo found this in our mailbox before Christmas with a key on a chain attached - the back says, "thanks for collecting our mail. We´ll be back on Dec 27th - Merry Christmas, H&M".
And now let´s look at this clock, which is Rain´s theme this week, "clocks":
It will likely be somewhat between 35-40C, which is 95-104F - German winter you can kiss our butts!!!!
Thanks to COVID we had a break of 5 frickin´ years without a real holiday.
We used to go every two years to Perth.
I had this sticker on my car.
Why it added "Australia"?
Look at Wiki: "Perth (Scottish English: ⓘ PERTH; Scottish Gaelic: Peairt [pʰɛrˠʃtʲ])[3][4] is a centrally located Scottish city, on the banks of the River Tay. It is the administrative centre of Perth and Kinross council area and is the historic county town of Perthshire. It had a population of about 47,430 in 2018...."
We head to this Perth, though.
Deutsche Bahn (railway) will be on strike, but Ingo got two of the last seats on a Netflix-bus, yippeee, so we will be in time in Frankfurt.
Biiiig relief yesterday!
As this is Rain´s "Thursday Art and Dinner Date" I present you what Ingo made on Tuesday:
(Always reminds me of Ralph Wiggum from The Simpsons who ran around his playmates yelling this over and over again).
Ingo wanted to make goose for Christmas and came home with duck - eek.
Finally he fried it, then baked it, you only need salt and pepper, I tried, it was nearly yummy (Ingo loved it).
Now, what does your clock say, Henry 🦁?
This Henry sits in Kings Park, Perth, and I will give greetings from our Braunschweig-Henry, of course!









16 comments:
I thought the duck was beef steak, it looks yummy, though I know I don't like duck.
We are having too much rain here in Adelaide lately, I hope it is dry when you arrive.
Yes, not a duck-fan, either, Ingo went again to get goose for Christmas.
Noooo, please, rain! The whole caravan park then smells of eucalyptus and we have a tinned roof, it sounds so wonderful!
...I've never had duck or goose!
There's a Perth in Ontario, too! I'm so excited you are almost ready to leave. Mail is set, ready to go! Have a fabulous time! (I've never had either duck or goose.)
Tom, goose I like, my Mom used to make it for Christmas, soooo good.
____
Jeanie, interesting you had neither - reckon it´s turkey for you? That I never had.
Thank you - I really started a bit packing!
I love duck. It's so hard to find at my supermarket. I usually just order it at a Chinese restaurant, fully cooked. Yummy.
Lovely art pieces and good neighbours. I don't think I have made duck before it looks good.
gigi, I´m not a fan, I once had a real bad one at a Chinese Restaurant!
____
Christine, thank you and yes, great neighbors!
I have never had goose and only had duck at a Chinese restaurant once. Not a big fan.
Yeah, tastes weird... the duck. Mom made the best goose for Christmas!
It's been too long since I've had duck and that only one time, so I'm no expert on it. I certainly don't remember if I liked it. Goose? I don't think I've had it before. We do turkey and ham are fairly common in the states for the holidays. I usually make both.
I like your clock. I'm glad to hear you're going on vacation. We had a lovely one in 2022 and it was heavenly all for the same reasons. The government shut downs and restrictions...well, I won't go there but it was horrible. It's really nice resuming life like normal again.
Have a doodletastic evening!
I Have Vivid AND Fond Memories Of Removing Tiny Pellets From Duck Carcass During Childhood Hunting Days - Long Live Ralphy Wiggum - What A Great Character
Travel On ,
Cheers
there use to be old tv show in the United States called, It's about time.
How nice that your neighbors will take care of car and mail while you are away. Nice card you made. I'm so jealous you get to skip Winter and will have 2 Summers! Enjoy the sunshine and the beach for me.
Padre, I really prefer goose and I can picture my Mom doing as you describe! To Ralphy! Cheers!
____
Dora, sadly not here!
____
CJ, yes, lucky we have these neighbors! I´ll enjoy the summer #2 for you!!
I can feel your excitement, Iris! The pandemic was difficult on all of us who love to travel. I enjoyed your cards. Our mail carrier is holding our mail while we are in Honolulu. And a nice young couple is watching our home. Enjoy the warmth. Perth is definitely on my list of places I still hope to see. Safe travels!
Post a Comment