Friday, June 30, 2006

Plan waaay ahead

We wanted to spend this chistmas in Perth. But it seems to be too late for booking! We always used West Tours and were content with the service.

Not this time, though. I was told we are very late and Ingo was told we should have started a year in advance.

Hello?????

This special program is called "overwinter in Perth", which means flight plus hotel.

I love Perth and don´t want to be offensive here - but in june all places are taken already??? With Sydney I probably would believe it (not really).
These days the job market is so unsafe - how could you plan a year ahead?
My employer was astonished enough about me asking now for december.

What if we loose our project? Can I keep my job? Can I go on holidays?

OK I take two days off next week to search from Ingo´s place in the internet for the flights. Ingo has tried already and says it´s really difficult. On the 13th of january a flight can be some hundred bucks cheaper than on the day 14th - why soever.

What Ingo found out so far was shocking!

In 1999 we payed for two tickets 2000,- DM (approx 1000,- €).
Now the prices are around 1200,- € - how can that be?
And this is without the hotel! Without food and stuff! We are no millionaires!!!

Is this a dream too high? We don´t want much - flights and a small hotel room...

I really hope I find something affordable!

3 comments:

Rodney Olsen said...

I really hope that you can find something. It'd be great to catch up in person.

Ingo said...

The flight in 1999 cost 2000 DM per person :-)

Iris Flavia said...

@Rodney: Thank you for your wishes :-)
I think we can definitively make it to Perth and meet, the question is if me make it for christmas. It would be so much fun not having roast duck in a heated room but a bbq at the beach!

@Ingo: that´s why I asked you first via e-mail ;-) But thanks, I´ll change that!